Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 450479 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:43:22 am »
I've noticed that occasional posts by me in the rant thread are not really proper rants.  More sort of "Old Bugger Grumbling".

Thought I'd see if there was a way of stopping some most excelent ranting being watered down by mere grumbling.
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

Basil

• Help me!
Re: The Grumble thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:45:52 am »
Sorry to say that my first grumble concerns this very place.

Look, if you are post number 2 on a new thread, what is the point in quoting the whole of post number 1 (the OP)?
Do you not think that we may guess what you are responding to.  ::-)
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

nicknack

• Fledgling Swampy
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:47:16 am »
Sorry to say that my first grumble concerns this very place.

Look, if you are post number 2 on a new thread, what is the point in quoting the whole of post number 1 (the OP)?

Is it ok to do it as post number 3?
This old man came rolling home.

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:08:08 am »
Is it ok to do it as post number 3?

You irritating little...   Oh, I can't be bothered.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:42:02 am »
Ahhh  Grumbling .... sounds fun.

Ok, when my birthday is on the calendar. How come the only other person with a birthday on the same day gets a happy birthday thread to themselves and I dont get a mention? It was a bit of a landmark one as well.  Oh well, I was trying to ignore it too :-(

Good thread this Basil :thumbsup:

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:28 am »

Ok, when my birthday is on the calendar. How come the only other person with a birthday on the same day gets a happy birthday thread to themselves and I dont get a mention? It was a bit of a landmark one as well.  Oh well, I was trying to ignore it too :-(

That's 'cos you don't exist :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 11:52:51 am »
Aidan, I wished you a happy birthday.
Look
 :thumbsup:

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:04:31 pm »

Ah - bollocks!  Sorry petal!  I didn't notice  ::-)  In fairness, I knew it was Tim's birthday and didn't actually look at the calendar.....

mattc

• "Hannibal"
  • n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:11:27 pm »
+1 (can't be bothered to type any more on this issue)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

CAMRAMan

• Formerly A Warwickshire Lad
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 12:37:47 pm »
Various delivery companies: Hurry up with my bits and pieces will you! I've got a ride on Saturday & I'd love to show off my "new" Pompino to the world...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 01:12:07 pm »

That's 'cos you don't exist :)

Oh yeah, that must be it ::-) ;D

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 01:12:38 pm »
Aidan, I wished you a happy birthday.
Look
 :thumbsup:

Thanks Basil :thumbsup:

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 01:13:39 pm »

Ah - bollocks!  Sorry petal!  I didn't notice  ::-)  In fairness, I knew it was Tim's birthday and didn't actually look at the calendar.....

Thats ok, you owe me cake now though ;D

mattc

• "Hannibal"
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 02:04:51 pm »
<summons up energy to find thread ... >

Promotional emails with special offers that you can't make hide-nor-hair of without loading all the embedded images.

(ProBikeKit & Primera are the most recent offenders ...)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 02:25:09 pm »
I got a code.
I haz a snotty nose and I are sneezing.
Mr Sainsbury will visit soon to restock my depleting tissue store.
I got a code.

Regulator

• Got a thing for rubber...
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:52 pm »
I got a code.

Armani Code?*

*Those who watch too much TV will get this...  :-[
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 04:51:00 pm »
> ...Grumble thread...

Where's the damp pictures then?
 ;)
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 07:11:17 pm »
The pub we went to for lunch used to be owned by Anthony Worrall-Thompson, who despite being an irritating git did a very nice Sunday roast indeed at a price which made it excellent value for money, & kept his beer in tip-top condition.

He sold it a couple of years ago to a couple of blokes who do decent but unspectacular lunches (e.g. a sandwich in great bread but a filling which is just OK),  serve beer which is basically good but marred by being put through a sparkler, & charge slightly more than I think it's worth.

It's a bit disappointing.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

CAMRAMan

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »
Various delivery companies: Hurry up with my bits and pieces will you! I've got a ride on Saturday & I'd love to show off my "new" Pompino to the world...

Bah! Not one bike related parcel arrived, though the topsoil was dropped off right where it was wanted. I did buy a chain tool after signing on, though.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

mattc

• "Hannibal"
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 11:07:01 am »
Why on earth does R4 have the same schedule on a bank holiday as a weekday?

(No offence meant to Woman Hours fans, but ... )

And an extra dose of You and Yours  :hand:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 03:21:28 pm »
Why does the chap next door find it necessary to take down a chimney stack with an angle grinder?
There probably is a good reason, but it's bloody noisy!  >:(

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

CAMRAMan

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 08:10:08 am »
British Waterways (I assume): Did you have to cut the hawthorn hedging by the canal leading north out of Banbury recently? We got 4 punctures in a mile yesterday. I can't make this a full blown rant as I have a pair of Marathon +'s hanging on the wall at home & I forgot to take the allen key to remove my front wheel, so I couldn't fix my punctures properly & still have a slowie...

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 10:01:50 am »
An epic hour long grumble from Mrs Aidan this morning. She was up at 4.30 ( and then made sure I was awake too ;D) as son was up until 3.50 and woke her up on a number of occasions through the night. Not only is he in for some serious discomfort later, but I'm about to play my guitar. Very Loud.

Pedaldog

• AKA Dogbad.
    • The Vapers Den.
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 09:16:37 pm »
Why did nobody tell me there is a "Calendar" bit on here?  I wuz wondering how people always seem to know when Other people are having Birthdays an stuff!
Know-nothing Bozo.

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »
The "box" plants I found growing in the rose bed and used to fill in gaps between the other boxes are, my mother informs me, cotoneasters.  I wondered why they didn't grow at the same time of year as the boxes...
Never tell me the odds.