Author Topic: IMAP email on BlackBerry  (Read 623 times)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
IMAP email on BlackBerry
« on: 26 October, 2011, 01:22:14 pm »
(Curve 8520 T-Mobile PAYG)

It's not fully functional on the BB.  Emails received on the BB, but later on the server deleted or marked as read via another computer are not changing in status on the BB.  Is there any way to improve it?

I get so much junk/waffle/ancient stuff on the subject when Googling that I don't know where to start.  Thanks for any help.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Re: IMAP email on BlackBerry
« Reply #1 on: 26 October, 2011, 10:06:51 pm »
I don't believe there is. If you find one, please let me know!
I've assumed it's because of the BB having a separate server and the communication not being. That good between them.

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #2 on: 27 October, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »
I've assumed it's because of the BB having a separate server and the communication not being. That good between them.

You don't have to configure it that way, I setup Mrs GB's Blackberry so it goes straight to the IMAP servers where her mail lives.

We haven't tried sticking anything in folders yet and seeing if that's replicated properly on the BB, nor the read/unread status, just haven't had time to play with it properly.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3 on: 27 October, 2011, 05:55:07 pm »
I entered my email provider's server address into BB's setup, but still it isn't fully working like IMAP should.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4 on: 27 October, 2011, 10:17:24 pm »
Are any of the email apps worth buying - mainly in terms of better IMAP functionality?