Author Topic: Dreamweaver  (Read 624 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Dreamweaver
« on: 23 February, 2012, 09:04:55 pm »
It's time to move on from CS2 it just keeps crashing on my mac. So where's the cheapest place to buy it? I already have legit CS5 of everything else.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Dreamweaver
« Reply #1 on: 23 February, 2012, 10:21:02 pm »
On a tangent. I'm losing GoLive when I go Lion, which is going to have to happen soon.

I don't do a huge amount of web design, and I've taken the radical step of becoming CMS driven. Concrete5 is the one i'm using, and whilst it has flaws, it it great for layout changes, for getting third parties to edit their own stuff and for getting a site up quickly. The biggest advantage is that for minor edits I don't need the software - I can edit anywhere on the iPad, or laptop or any web browser if I have my passwords with me.

(I do have Dreamweaver, but converting from GoLive just seemed to be like running in treacle in terms of getting my head round how to do it) (I can't sell you Dreamweaver as it came with Adobe Creative Studio Airhead Professional.)

It is simpler than it looks.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 23 February, 2012, 10:34:15 pm »
I'm a Wordpress/Drupal man but do still like to code/run through through DW quite a bit.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 23 February, 2012, 10:39:40 pm »
Know what you mean.  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #4 on: 24 February, 2012, 01:53:14 am »
I never liked Go Live it has to be said.

Support Equilibrium