Author Topic: Any Andrews and Arnold hosting users in the house??  (Read 630 times)

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
Any Andrews and Arnold hosting users in the house??
« on: 20 April, 2012, 09:09:43 pm »
One of my clients has just registered for hosting with A&A and I'm trying to get onto his web space with FTP but it's not convinced by the UID/Password pair I'm providing.

I have his account UID/Password and can get into the charmingly retro control panel. Reading the A&A docs am I right in thinking that the:

FTP server address should be: www.hisdomain.tld

The UID will be :hisdomain.tld

And the FTP password is mysteriously set in the DNS settings dialogue where it reads "Passwords are not strictly part of DNS[1] but are set here for ftp to the web server."

Because I've done all this and it doesn't work.

Obviously it's best to call the mothership but they won't be there until Monday and my client's delightful ex-web designer/host has had a hissy fit and shut down his existing site because my client has the temerity to ask why 90% of his incoming email was getting lost, so it would be nice to at least get a holding page up over the weekend.

[1] I believe this is called an understatement.

Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
Re: Any Andrews and Arnold hosting users in the house??
« Reply #1 on: 20 April, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »
All over my head but you may find some regulars lurking on IRC or staff who are around out of hours who can have a stab at answering your query and will know the normal oddities if there are any.  Details at http://aaisp.net.uk/kb-irc.html

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
Resolved: Any Andrews and Arnold hosting users in the house??
« Reply #2 on: 20 April, 2012, 09:50:33 pm »
Resolved: seems to have just taken a bit of time before the new FTP password worked.
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie