Author Topic: HTC phone, keyboard issue  (Read 626 times)

HTC phone, keyboard issue
« on: 15 March, 2013, 10:43:56 pm »
Today, while surfing a forum, my new (about a month old) HTC seems to have developed a fault. When held in the Landscape position, the keyboard doesn't appear when I tap in a text box - the 'keys' are there, but not visible - I can tap them and letters come up in the text box, but I can't see what I'm tapping, just the background of the website or whatever.  It works ok in Portrait position. It's the same for internet and for text message. As far as I know, it was working fine yesterday - I can't remember if I tried to type in landscape. It certainly worked earlier in the week.

I've also never got Google Sky to quite work. When I load it, it comes up with a view - say to the west - but then wherever I move the phone around, the view doesn't really change - it changes a bit if I tilt the phone, but not if I swivel round, say to the east.

Have I got a duff bit in the phone?  Any ideas before I take it back to the Vodafone shop on Monday?

(Yes, I've tried turning it off and back on again).
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

fuaran

• rothair gasta
Re: HTC phone, keyboard issue
« Reply #1 on: 15 March, 2013, 10:49:33 pm »
I've also never got Google Sky to quite work. When I load it, it comes up with a view - say to the west - but then wherever I move the phone around, the view doesn't really change - it changes a bit if I tilt the phone, but not if I swivel round, say to the east.
What phone is it? It might not have a compass built in, quite a few cheapish Android phones don't. So the sky view can't rotate from that. You could try a compass app and see if that works.

« Reply #2 on: 15 March, 2013, 11:04:38 pm »
Ah ok, that explains that, no compass.

But the keyboard thing?

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2013, 11:39:58 am »
For the keyboard, it might be worth resetting phone back to default settings - make sure any paid for apps/media is backed up first. (Although they are probably already backed up in cloud land)

« Reply #4 on: 18 March, 2013, 08:59:16 pm »
Update: it was a software glitch, cured by downloading an update.  Working now!