Author Topic: 100 Lux dynamo light  (Read 83755 times)

Saftlad

• I don't do hills...
Re: 100 Lux dynamo light
« Reply #25 on: 05 February, 2016, 08:46:09 pm »

« Reply #26 on: 06 February, 2016, 02:17:17 am »
Hollandbikeshop.com seem to have them in stock for 109 euros ex post.

Direct link: http://hollandbikeshop.com/fietsverlichting/busch-muller-fietsverlichting/busch-muller-koplamp-naafdynamo/busch-muller-led-koplamp-lumotec-iq-x-naafdynamo-auto/

£69 postage costs though 😱  I could get a ferry and drive there and back for less

Eh? Their page on shipping suggestssays explicitly that sending goods to the UK is under a tenner - €9.95.

Looks like some sort of glitch in the shopping basket to me - it asked me for €90 initially (and when I played with it, I found something that would cost £768 to send to the Aland Islands), but it's back to €10 postage now.

Saftlad

• I don't do hills...
« Reply #27 on: 08 February, 2016, 12:09:22 pm »
Yeah, back to normal now.

I see the light is up to £99.53+p&p on Rose now.  No wonder they were in no rush to complete my order at £73 inc

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #28 on: 17 February, 2016, 01:24:26 pm »
latest from hollandbikeshop following an order on the 8th

Due to a stocking error, we are unable to deliver product 1 x 391892 Busch & Müller LED Headlight Lumotec IQ-X Hub Dynamo A. Delivery time for this product is currently 22 February 2016. We apologize for this inconvenience.

I'm going to wait and see.  I am not desperate for this light

« Reply #29 on: 17 February, 2016, 02:56:23 pm »
I managed to get one of these and it is very good.   Used it on my last 200 and it gave more than enough light for me not to need any of the other lights that I usually carry, to give spot ( for speed) or flood for cr&p road surfaces.

I previously used a cyo with the other lights as required but this is a very good light with a good and powerful distance section and more than enough to cover the close road.

This is one very happy person.

recomended
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

Wothill

• over the hills and far away
« Reply #30 on: 19 February, 2016, 04:33:09 pm »
Anyone know if they have upgraded the led in this lamp, or just better optics?

« Reply #31 on: 25 February, 2016, 03:56:56 pm »
Marmittegeoff - can I ask where you sourced it and how much you paid?
(I found one German store with stock for €100)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #32 on: 25 February, 2016, 04:35:34 pm »
Also €104.95 + 14.95 from www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172112759128.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #33 on: 25 February, 2016, 09:08:32 pm »
Bike24 just took 80 euros for mine - given the collapse of the pound I'd prefer them to have taken it back when I ordered

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #34 on: 10 March, 2016, 04:15:51 pm »
Mine arrived last week

I fitted on the second best bike with a Shimano hub
I tried to do some "before and after" shots with the old Cyo on and then the new IQ-X but sadly I didn't get anything of use out of my camera

What I can report is riding up and down the same bit of road with the Cyo, a Luxos and this new IQ-X showed that it is the winner but it doesn't beat the Luxos by much

If you have a Cyo, definitely get one of these instead.  If you have a Luxos probably not worth it for the extra light power

Samuel D

« Reply #35 on: 10 March, 2016, 04:30:59 pm »
Any idea how it would compare to the Cyo Premium?

« Reply #36 on: 10 March, 2016, 05:58:47 pm »
If you have a Cyo, definitely get one of these instead.  If you have a Luxos probably not worth it for the extra light power

And more importantly, how does it compare with an Edelux II?

Stop teasing and get testing!

« Reply #37 on: 11 March, 2016, 07:43:07 am »

And more importantly, how does it compare with an Edelux II?

Stop teasing and get testing!

+1 just test it !!!!
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #38 on: 11 March, 2016, 07:47:28 am »
Any idea how it would compare to the Cyo Premium?

That's the comparison I'm interested in too!
Up the hills and round the bends

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #39 on: 11 March, 2016, 09:45:35 am »
ok i don't have a Cyo premium (this is the 80 lux version with a different beam pattern)

I would guess (from B&M beam pattern heat maps) that the Luxos, the Cyo Premium and the IQ-X are all pretty similar abeit with 70 Lux(Luxos), 80 Lux(Cyo Premium) or 100 lux(IQ-X)

The IQ-X is noticably brighter with a longer throw than the Luxos but it is a quantitive difference.  The beam pattern is similar and with both there is enough light to
descend at speed, ride on pot holed wet lanes, spot Badgers etc etc.  You can see more distant Badgers with the IQ-X

Sorry can't compare with the Edelux II, don't have one and don't know anyone IRL who has one

Exciting update IanH has one!  So next wednesday, if I remember to take my camera to the pub....

« Reply #40 on: 11 March, 2016, 02:29:23 pm »
Short demo video here, if that helps anyone...

https://youtu.be/Jd3K5FOOZpw

Would agree that it's noticeably brighter than the Luxos as long as you're above 10ish kph. Below that the Luxos cache battery makes it much more usable.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #41 on: 11 March, 2016, 02:33:14 pm »
Seems to do a good job of not illuminating your feet.   :thumbsup:

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #42 on: 11 March, 2016, 02:51:17 pm »
i wonder if it was that difficult to design a reflector without a dark stripe separating low and high beams.. :)

« Reply #43 on: 11 March, 2016, 03:32:47 pm »
Seems to do a good job of not illuminating your feet.   :thumbsup:

Obviously reduced 'bent foot illumination also means less side visibility, so I'd still plump for something with a wraparound lens (like the Luxos) if that was a priority. The little "gill" lights shining sideways are fairly useless.

« Reply #44 on: 11 March, 2016, 04:44:55 pm »
Exciting update IanH has one!  So next wednesday, if I remember to take my camera to the pub....

I will hold-off purchasing a light for n+1 until the tests are complete.  Already have an Edelux II and keen to learn if it can be improved upon by the 100 Lux jobby.

« Reply #45 on: 12 March, 2016, 09:02:04 pm »
Got mine today and went out for a 30k test tonight, very impressed with it as lights up much better than my CYO 80 lux. It must be pointed well down though as I had a lot of traffic flashing me due it being a little high, on the unlit lanes though you can have it a little higher and it lights up the road ahead superbly, an expensive light but worth the outlay. I've got a couple of grainy iPhone videos and stills but no idea how to put them on here sadly.
Mind of a cyclist, body of a dart player.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #46 on: 07 April, 2016, 11:47:40 am »
I've just received one to replace the Cyo that snapped of its mounting last weekend.  I've not fitted it to the bike yet, and the instructions warn against powering it with DC, so I've not lit it up with a bench supply.

Initial impression is that the aluminium body is neat and sturdy, the lens reminds me of the original 60Lux Cyo, and the plastic bracket looks decent, but should be replaceable with a standard B&M wire one if it turns out to be made of cheese.  The trailing connections for the rear light are very short and hide inside the bracket, which is lovely and neat if you haven't got one.  The button is clicking on a standard tactile switch, with the ring of translucent silicone that forms the status blinkenlight forming a seal.  One thing I note is that unlike those with a switch with distinct mechanical positions like the Cyo, in its completely unpowered state you have no way of knowing whether it's switched on or not.  Presumably this will be less of an issue when it has standlight power.

Interestingly, it has a BS6102/2 marking in addition to the K1192.  Oh, and the supplied bolt-on reflector looks like an afterthought, but will probably work okay if it's not bashed.  Now, where did I put my crimp tool...

Samuel D

« Reply #47 on: 07 April, 2016, 12:06:42 pm »
Interestingly, it has a BS6102/2 marking in addition to the K1192.

That is interesting. But perhaps just a recognition of increasing sales in the UK.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #48 on: 07 April, 2016, 12:10:38 pm »
BS6102/2 is for reflectors. It's part 3 that's for lights.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #49 on: 07 April, 2016, 02:00:49 pm »
BS6102/2 is for reflectors. It's part 3 that's for lights.

Interesting.  It's printed on the underside of the light body, not the reflector.  The markings on the reflector are probably a model number or something (at least, not a BS or K mark).

Anyway, now fitted to the bike and confirmed to be working.  Light output is respectable if flickery at drill-chuck speed (a little over 5mph by the bike computer).  Beam shape appears to be an enormously wide mass of light in the familiar Cyo style, with a couple of extra wedges above the cut-off from the two be-seen LEDs that converge fuzzily in the middle.  I've aimed the centre of those at the horizontal and will see how it goes (it's never an exact science on a suspended bike, as beam alignment changes with the amount of weight on the back).

As I expected, once there's some charge in the standlight capacitor, the on/off state becomes obvious, so no problems there.

I've fitted the reflector, as it might provide some protection to the underside when manhandling the bike.