Author Topic: Sky - gaming the system?  (Read 188782 times)

Re: Sky - gaming the system?
« Reply #1100 on: 12 February, 2018, 08:36:14 pm »

« Reply #1101 on: 12 February, 2018, 08:51:53 pm »
Ex-team Sky doctor calls bollocks on Sky excuses:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/former-team-sky-doctor-lifts-the-lid-on-teams-medical-practices-and-grey-areas/

There's definitely some axe grinding going on there, but then that's usually how it all comes to a head. How different would things have turned out if LA had given Floyd a ride?

« Reply #1102 on: 21 February, 2018, 06:32:33 pm »
"Sir" Wiggins is not happy with neither Sky nor UKAD!
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/21/bradley-wiggins-young-cyclists-team-sky-will-ruin-you

I'd be really curious to see what he'd sue UKAD for.

« Reply #1103 on: 21 February, 2018, 06:43:42 pm »
....on Tuesday he promised: “I’m going to have my say on that very soon.”

He's been saying that for years but even after the publishing of the report (which was what he said he was waiting for) he came up with... zilch - no non-smoking gun, no incontrovertible evidence, just some griping about how unfair the whole thing was. 

What's he waiting for now?

It's a bit rich how he's slagging off Sky as if they were solely to blame for the injections, etc.  He was happy enough at the time, I seem to remember.
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #1104 on: 23 February, 2018, 03:44:45 pm »
"Sir" Wiggins is not happy with neither Sky nor UKAD!
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/21/bradley-wiggins-young-cyclists-team-sky-will-ruin-you

I'd be really curious to see what he'd sue UKAD for.

"Team Sky will ruin you"

« Reply #1105 on: 23 February, 2018, 05:11:38 pm »
Why on earth do I keep following this thread ?I know that the only riders I am going to take an interest in are GT and Cav. Geraint Can be relied on to crash at any critical moment so the only battle worth following is Cav versus Kittel. The others are making the same mistake as LA. It's not the doping it's acting like à trou de cul while you're doing it

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1106 on: 23 February, 2018, 05:26:18 pm »
Why on earth do I keep following this thread ?I know that the only riders I am going to take an interest in are GT and Cav. Geraint Can be relied on to crash at any critical moment so the only battle worth following is Cav versus Kittel. The others are making the same mistake as LA. It's not the doping it's acting like à trou de cul while you're doing it
This.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #1108 on: 02 March, 2018, 08:56:27 am »
Still nothing to see here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-5451759/Banned-testosterone-patches-ordered-Team-Sky-HQ.html

I'm sure Veloman will be along soon to tell you that there is no evidence and that if there is it will be all within the rules, followed by Samuel D to accuse you of shrill ranting, and finally mattc who will have nothing to say but will say it anyway ;)

I think this is nearly the end of this national farce

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #1109 on: 02 March, 2018, 08:59:24 am »
Ah, yes. Sky probably ordered a box of testosterone along with a load of TUEs making it all OK.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1110 on: 02 March, 2018, 09:42:04 am »
Isn't this old news?  I thought we'd already heard that one?  Is this just the Wail catching up?

« Reply #1111 on: 02 March, 2018, 09:45:33 am »
No it's new. The old story was that UKAD unearthed evidence of the delivery. Dr Peters said it was a delivery mistake, they hadn't been ordered. The suppliers went tight-lipped.

This new story is suggesting that there is evidence that the patches were ordered. There is also an allegation that the suppliers were emailed and asked to say that the delivery was a mistake.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1112 on: 02 March, 2018, 09:46:51 am »
Interestinger and interestinger ...

« Reply #1113 on: 02 March, 2018, 11:48:22 am »
Qu'elle surprise

« Reply #1114 on: 02 March, 2018, 11:51:11 am »
Ridiculous explanation for dodgy event at Sky allegedly demonstrated to be false. Again. I guess they can run the story a 3rd time when the GMC leak is confirmed, and a 4th time when UKAD get hold of it. Maybe the Sky strategy is to bore everyone into submission, by dripping it into the papers over a decade?

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

« Reply #1117 on: 05 March, 2018, 01:21:34 am »
Good to see the select committee responding to elaborate attempts to bull$h1t and obstruct them, and UKAD, with a good rogering of the lying/cheating Wiggins/Brailsford/Sky TUE rocket fuel conspiracy.

« Reply #1118 on: 05 March, 2018, 01:23:27 am »
There is a great paragraph in there about what being "clean" means  (ie. all things to all people, including 'not caught')

« Reply #1119 on: 05 March, 2018, 01:32:32 am »
Apparently Wiggins intends 'having his say' in the next few days.  That's going to be comedy gold.....

« Reply #1120 on: 05 March, 2018, 03:12:51 am »
Apparently Wiggins intends 'having his say' in the next few days.  That's going to be comedy gold.....

He's been saying that for a good while now.

« Reply #1121 on: 05 March, 2018, 07:16:48 am »
Pretty much the end of Sky.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1122 on: 05 March, 2018, 07:51:32 am »
As long as there are completions, people will compete and use what ever means are available to them. Rules and regulations are a cat and mouse game between the governing body and the competitors, with the primary goal being to keep the playing field as level as possible so that the outcome remains unpredictable as possible so that the paying fans get a spectacle. In recent times drugs have been outlawed mainly for moral reasons, although competitive people will continue to seek whatever edge they can regardless of the harm they may be doing to themselves.
Sky are just the latest outfit to be called out for using the regulations to their advantage, mainly because they have been more effective at it than everyone else for too long now.
I note with some cynicism that other teams and professionals are keeping their collective heads down.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #1123 on: 05 March, 2018, 07:56:22 am »
Well done Flatus. You've been calling this one out well before this thread started. I remember you telling me
about Sky's shennanigans on one of Blacksheep's 200km events a few years ago.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1124 on: 05 March, 2018, 09:20:38 am »
Pretty much the end of Sky.

I wouldn't have thought so. Perhaps DB falling on his sword, and then coming back a few years later - much as Dean Richards with bloodgate.  Team Sky of course may change it's name to Team Squiggle, formerly known as Sky, but nothing substantial will be different come this year's Giro/Tour/Vuelta
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens