Author Topic: Paypal survey  (Read 3907 times)

Paypal survey
« on: 15 September, 2009, 08:51:38 pm »
Hmm. I had a recent issue with a Paypal payment so I emailed them about it. There followed an email exchange with a succession of different Paypal folk: each time you reply, a new person answers. Said new person does not seem to be able to understand or be aware of the previous replies. So, it was a complete dead loss as each person kept orbiting some distance from the centre of the very simple issue. I gave up after a short while.
So I've just received an email from Paypal asking me for feedback on this hopeless process. One option was to take the survey anonymously: click on this link, it said, so I did. A page pops up with a button on it saying "Start". I hit it. This brought me to a page with the following in the middle:

Paypal

The survey is complete.
                                         Thank you for your time.

;D

It's the same if you choose the non-anonymous option.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Paypal survey
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2009, 09:01:01 pm »
It's OK: They already know what you're thinking :o
Getting there...

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #2 on: 15 September, 2009, 09:05:54 pm »
It's OK: They already know what you're thinking :o

.......and they couldn't care less and won't change the way they operate.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 15 September, 2009, 09:10:49 pm »
Check your account. You'll have been charged 3.75% to complete that survey.  ;)
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #4 on: 16 September, 2009, 06:14:45 am »
Hmm. I had a recent issue with a Paypal payment so I emailed them about it. There followed an email exchange with a succession of different Paypal folk: each time you reply, a new person answers. Said new person does not seem to be able to understand or be aware of the previous replies. So, it was a complete dead loss as each person kept orbiting some distance from the centre of the very simple issue. I gave up after a short while.

This is quite deliberate on their part, and they achieved their desired outcome.

Lots of people haven't twigged this yet, but Paypal are one of the nastiest outfits you can do business with. They rank waaaaaay higher on my shitlist than even Ryanair.

« Reply #5 on: 16 September, 2009, 12:24:18 pm »
Paypal has just told me - twice - that I can't use it until I replace the card which has expired. It expired last November. I replaced it with a new card which has the same number.

It seems they have killed both the old one (far, far too late), & the new one.

I am not impressed.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2009, 03:18:10 pm »
 ::-)

I note today that Paypal have sent me similar "surveys" to the above for all of the other bods that failed to answer my question.

Jakob

« Reply #7 on: 16 September, 2009, 11:02:42 pm »
Paypal is extremely convenient, but also terrible the moment you need some kind of human interaction.
I absolutely hate them, but still use them.