Author Topic: Costume ideas  (Read 1162 times)

Costume ideas
« on: 16 September, 2009, 12:32:59 pm »
Are invited to a fancy dress do with a theme of dead heros and heroines from history. Will probably go as Tom Simpson myself (simples!), but are struggling with the wife (no sniggering at the back...). Any thoughts on an idea that would give an easy costume for someone with her Nigella-like build?

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Costume ideas
« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2009, 12:39:24 pm »
Beryl Burton.  Gwan, you know you want to... ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #2 on: 16 September, 2009, 12:43:06 pm »
Are invited to a fancy dress do with a theme of dead heros and heroines from history. Will probably go as Tom Simpson myself (simples!), but are struggling with the wife (no sniggering at the back...). Any thoughts on an idea that would give an easy costume for someone with her Nigella-like build?

Boudicca.

Lots of blue paint.  :thumbsup:
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Zoidburg

« Reply #3 on: 16 September, 2009, 04:34:43 pm »
You could suggest Hattie Jacques

From a safe distance with a pre-planned escape route.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #4 on: 16 September, 2009, 04:58:05 pm »
You could suggest Hattie Jacques

From a safe distance with a pre-planned escape route.

Or defuse the situation by suggesting Marilyn Monroe.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5 on: 16 September, 2009, 05:00:51 pm »
Any thoughts on an idea that would give an easy costume for someone with her Nigella-like build?

Nigella? ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »
We were thinking about Nigella, but is dead heros and heroines. Unless there was a little accident in the kitchen...

Tim

« Reply #7 on: 16 September, 2009, 05:11:05 pm »
Could you subvert it slightly then and make it currently living heroes/heroines in the manner of their untimely demise?

So Nigella with a kitchen knife accident etc? Bit of fake blood and a knife handle attached to the side of the head if you see what I mean.

« Reply #8 on: 16 September, 2009, 05:12:30 pm »
Ooo.. Good thinking Tim!

Tim

« Reply #9 on: 16 September, 2009, 05:14:06 pm »
Now just need to come up with some apt and comedic causes of death for various (currently living) heroes/heroines...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #10 on: 16 September, 2009, 08:01:19 pm »
We were thinking about Nigella, but is dead heros and heroines. Unless there was a little accident in the kitchen...

Is she still alive?  Oh, what a disappointment :(
Getting there...

« Reply #11 on: 16 September, 2009, 08:35:14 pm »

Very easily sorted!

Must be someone on the site with the appropriate skills to solve this problem.................

Put an ad in "Wanted", but be aware there may be a Cancellation Fee if you change your mind