Author Topic: Editing routes in BikeHike  (Read 1337 times)

Editing routes in BikeHike
« on: 09 May, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »
This may be a numpty question.

Probably is in fact.

However, I shall ask it anyway.  How do I edit a route in BikeHike successfully?

At the moment I can create a route from scratch, merge routes together and obviously upload other peoples' routes. That's all fine and makes sense. 

What I can't seem to work out is how to edit a circular route.  For example, at the moment I have a Cambrian route plotted but it has decided to send me up an unsurfaced byway.  I want to divert the route onto the road but, using the 'drag edit' option it just truncates the route and I have to replot the entire thing after the byway. 

Any pointers most welcome!
Does not play well with others

Re: Editing routes in BikeHike
« Reply #1 on: 09 May, 2014, 06:21:49 pm »
Same experience as you.
Much easier to just replot.

« Reply #2 on: 09 May, 2014, 06:26:34 pm »
Same experience as you.
Much easier to just replot.

Arsicles.

Thought that might be the case  :-\
Does not play well with others

« Reply #3 on: 09 May, 2014, 06:46:58 pm »
This may be a numpty question.

Probably is in fact.

However, I shall ask it anyway.  How do I edit a route in BikeHike successfully?

At the moment I can create a route from scratch, merge routes together and obviously upload other peoples' routes. That's all fine and makes sense. 

What I can't seem to work out is how to edit a circular route.  For example, at the moment I have a Cambrian route plotted but it has decided to send me up an unsurfaced byway.  I want to divert the route onto the road but, using the 'drag edit' option it just truncates the route and I have to replot the entire thing after the byway. 

Any pointers most welcome!

When in 'Drag Edit Mode', put your cursor over the track at some point and press Ctrl Key+Left Button Click. This will drop an 'anchor point' (black dot) on the track. Repeat in another location. You can then drag the route between the two anchor points without affecting the rest of the track. If you press Ctrl Key+Left Button Click on the anchor point you have the option to remove it.