Author Topic: Garmin Support needs more agents....  (Read 2299 times)

Phil W

Garmin Support needs more agents....
« on: 16 September, 2016, 01:51:29 pm »
Anyone else tried getting an RMA number to send their Garmin back for repair?  Just spent 30 mins waiting on their help line to get my returns authorization.  They need more support agents...

Rant over.

Re: Garmin Support needs more agents....
« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2016, 04:29:24 pm »
I got my HRM-Tri strap sorted by emailing them. It may take longer for them to reply but at least I'm not left hanging on the telephone for that time.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Phil W

« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2016, 08:37:50 pm »
I got my HRM-Tri strap sorted by emailing them. It may take longer for them to reply but at least I'm not left hanging on the telephone for that time.

I tried that first but I got a "maybe it's the USB drivers on your PC" type standard response despite being quite explicit as to what I'd tried and that it was definitely the USB connector broken and nowt to do with PC.

« Reply #3 on: 18 September, 2016, 02:11:08 pm »
I had the standard reply first time but then replied with the all encompassing version that tried to pre-empt their script (I tried X, didn't work. I tried with a different device, strap didn't work, I tried Y and it didn't work. A different strap worked fine with device A and device B, etc) and suggesting that it's just plain broken and that if they give me an RMA number I can send it back and Garmin can send me a replacement. The response was an RMA number and it was all sorted in no time.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Phil W

« Reply #4 on: 18 September, 2016, 03:18:09 pm »
I had the standard reply first time but then replied with the all encompassing version that tried to pre-empt their script (I tried X, didn't work. I tried with a different device, strap didn't work, I tried Y and it didn't work. A different strap worked fine with device A and device B, etc) and suggesting that it's just plain broken and that if they give me an RMA number I can send it back and Garmin can send me a replacement. The response was an RMA number and it was all sorted in no time.

Out of warranty so I had to ring them anyway to make the payment. By the time you written all that you may as well have had the phone on speaker whilst you did other stuff.

« Reply #5 on: 19 September, 2016, 09:30:08 pm »
Got through very quickly when I phoned as soon as they opened in the morning.

You can also get an RMA number immediately if you do it all online.

Bryn

Phil W

« Reply #6 on: 20 September, 2016, 07:47:47 pm »
Got through very quickly when I phoned as soon as they opened in the morning.

You can also get an RMA number immediately if you do it all online.

Bryn

Got a link as I didn't find a fast RMA option online.

« Reply #7 on: 20 September, 2016, 09:54:21 pm »
No, sorry Phil, I just ended up there after googling Garmin support or suchlike, and following the digital breadcrumb trail through all its unlikely twists and turns.  (I decided I wanted to speak to a human, so I didn't pursue the online RMA to the bitter end).

Bryn

Phil W

« Reply #8 on: 21 September, 2016, 06:52:40 pm »
No, sorry Phil, I just ended up there after googling Garmin support or suchlike, and following the digital breadcrumb trail through all its unlikely twists and turns.  (I decided I wanted to speak to a human, so I didn't pursue the online RMA to the bitter end).

Bryn

I just ask as I pursued one like that but it took me to a North America RMA page  only. I could not  find an online version valid for the UK.