Author Topic: Rape seed  (Read 4304 times)

Re: Rape seed
« Reply #25 on: 02 June, 2012, 09:53:10 pm »
Jan's reaction is unquestionably to rape itself. She will start sneezing when she's near it, even when she can't see it. As soon as she moves away from the rape fields, she starts to recover.

Ditto I do not suffer from hay fever.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: 02 June, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »
Just wondering if the op, Rainmaker has got the answer he was looking for :)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #27 on: 02 June, 2012, 11:09:55 pm »
where do you get it at that price and are you limited to the amount you can buy, I know some supermarkets won't let you buy over a certain amount of cooking oil for that very reason,

derv round here is nearly 1.50/l  and our last truck did 17mpg, mind you red's even cheaper :)

last lot was tesco about 6-8 weeks ago,  2x 5ltr tubs for £10. bought over 100 ltrs, just kept going back in buying some more, 4-6 at a time, different tills! :thumbsup:

« Reply #28 on: 03 June, 2012, 08:53:45 am »
I feel so sorry for the poor old OSR plant. Forever scorned as the source of intense hay fever. It just so happens it tends to grow near fields full of.... Grass.

I have no simpathy for it whatsoever, nor for the farmers who are sowing more and more of the stuff each year in order to get more and more subsidies, regardless of the effects it causes..

Just wondering if the op, Rainmaker has got the answer he was looking for

Well it has shown that I'm not the only one suffering the effects of OSR, but it appears I'm the only one' so far, who suffers hives (lots of small very itchy spots, mainly on exposed arms in my case).    My problems started in the early nineties when this crop was becoming more widespread, each year I dose myself with a daily Piriton tablet for about three months, mind you it does have a beneficial side effect in that I don't suffer from midge, mosquitoe bites!