Author Topic: A random thread for small entertainment things not warranting their own thread..  (Read 284549 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
10pm tonight, BBC Three, Sonic Highways starts. In case you weren't aware, this is the story of the making of the Foo Fighters' new album, where they travel the US recording in different studios, sort of continuing on from what they started with "Wasting Light"
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Mrs. Wow and I are on a train heading for London. We are going to spend the day at the Turner exhibition at the Tate Modern.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Mrs. Wow and I are on a train heading for London. We are going to spend the day at the Turner exhibition at the Tate Modern.

Ike or Tina?
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary

Ike or Tina?

I'd guessed Nik...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

MsC is up in York for half-term, so I took the day off and went to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.

Featured exhibits by  Ursula von Rydingsvard and Ai Weiwei. Never heard of Ursula von Rydingsvard and I don't normally like rough abstract wood sculptures but really liked her stuff.

Ai Weiwei I have heard of and found some of his work very moving, some a bit contrived.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

tiermat

Ike or Tina?

I'd guessed Nik...

Maybe Brian
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah

Ike or Tina?

I'd guessed Nik...

Maybe Brian

Or Stinky.  Or Robert, though he's taken to calling himself Robert Turner Been these days

Isn't the Turner exhibition at the Tate Britain, not Modern?

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay

Yes.  And there's a fair distance between the Tates.  How about they move and combine them to the Battersea Power Station?
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
Sadly yes. We have had a long walk but we are here now.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
When I do my Big Shop at the megacorps Extra, I always have a trawl through the DVD shelves to look for a truly stupid title to giggle at (not buy)

I have snorted at "Ozombie" about Osama Bin L as a Walker.
I have snirked at "Piranaconda", about a deadly crossbred fishsnake.
I have guffawed over "Sharknado", about a tornado. Full of sharks.

Today I found this year's winner, which bigs itself up by announcing that it features the, er, star from Sharknado.

The film is called "Zombeaver"

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to work out the premise. No, not THAT sort of beaver. Castor, not cunny.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
I've seen Sharknado.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I've seen Sharknado.

As have I.  It delivered in exactly the way that Snakes On A Plane failed to.

There's a Sharknado 2, but I'm saving that for times of need.

Steph

Zombeavers. The cover image. PMSL.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2784512/

In a similar vein, as it were...

Quote from: io9
Remember the good old days of trolling the video rental horror section and just starring agape at the wondrous collection of VHS horror cover art?

http://io9.com/the-motherlode-of-deliciously-disturbing-and-disgusting-1652900711

NB: As per the web link, contains images of varying degrees of squickyness, so probably not for viewing at work or by those of a delicate nature. But worth a laugh for the tag lines on some of the covers. ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Coes the doll on the cover of "Dolls" look,like Michael Jackson, or is it just me?

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Attention Bluesbreakers!  John Mayall will be on the Andrew Marr show _today_ (Sunday) just before 10 AM.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Steph

For fans of Sir Terry, I had an odd discovery today. In the classic Addams Family TV show, Granny's name is apparently Esmerelda. She's a witch.

Pugsley was played by a boy with the surname Weatherwax (Ken W.). Now, the link should need no explanation!

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
Dez persuaded me to watch an episode of the Simpsons today, one which he tells me has not yet been broadcast in this country. It was on the subject of Fracking.

There was one wonderful cultural reference:- "Pumping fracked gas is all cash cash cash!"

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
We watched the Extended edition of part two of The Hobbit last night. I did wonder how they could cram an extra 25 minutes into a film that was already 2 hours too long, but it turns out they did it in a quite surprising way.

By putting back all the bits from the book that they cut out in the first place, and expanding some things that were mentioned in the book / LotR (like Gandalf finding Thorin's dad at Dol Guldor).

Quite enjoyable, but now reaches "Oh dear God how am I going to sit through this" length, but fast forwarding through the stupid barrel riding scene shortens it a little bit.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
"The One Show" is doing a piece on rubbish collection and had, as background music, "Garbage" by The Deviants  :o

I do not think their researcher listened to the lyrics.

tiermat

Foo Fighters have announced UK dates for next year (and theyare UK dates, one night in Embra). The Maccamland one, the one nearest to us, is ona Monday :(

It is a bank holiday  :thumbsup:

It is half term  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

An interesting take:

Working my way up to inferior.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
This is great.  Dick Smith on flying a helicopter solo around the world:

http://youtu.be/fK2KBDo7ISY?t=23m3s
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●