Author Topic: A random thread for small entertainment things not warranting their own thread..  (Read 287213 times)

On the The R6M front, I have just submitted a menu for a Spanish Sunday lunch comprising Ojos de Brujo, Patax, Manu Chao. Wonder if it will get played.

Ooooo, which Sunday is that on, then?

If they use it and if they tell me first I will advertise said fact, submission is on this page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4RwTm1Q5Gj6cp8HJnn5dvNj/cerys-sunday-roast

Later that same life....

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/19/456663811/a-writer-gets-grilled-by-his-18-year-old-self-in-later-that-same-life

Sounds fascinating, not sufficiently to put cash into someone else's project, but still

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Explosions In The Sky are playing a handful of UK gigs in April 2016: http://www.explosionsinthesky.com/ :thumbsup:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

In Dad's Army tonight, fleeting mentions of French flags, bombs and praying to Mecca.  No intent, just a bizarre and poignant coincidence.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
In Dad's Army tonight, fleeting mentions of French flags, bombs and praying to Mecca.  No intent, just a bizarre and poignant coincidence.

Might have been postponed from last week.  Last Saturday's episode of "QI XL" was replaced by a repeat and I can only think it was because Sandi Toksvig made a joke about rhesus monkeys learning French.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Explosions In The Sky are playing a handful of UK gigs in April 2016: http://www.explosionsinthesky.com/ :thumbsup:

Aw, boo, Glasgow :(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah

Aw, boo, Glasgow :(

"Oh good", said Miss von Brandenburg when told they're playing the Albert Hall.  "It'll be nice to sit down!"

What the band will make of the venue is anyone's guess; they were impressed enough by the Brixton Academy ;D

I've just discovered Jane Jensen

Oh and on Sat I saw Katy Manning (aka Jo Grant) and Lee Majors (aka The Bionic Man).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Ruthie

• Her Majester
That Rufus Wainwright really does love himself doesn't he?  Jeez, enough with the lounging around photos already.  We get it, you're handsome. 
Milk please, no sugar.

clarion

• Tyke
He is pretty, he is clever, and he is talented.

And he is, or so we are informed by his dad (incorrectly), a 'tit-man'.
Getting there...

Ruthie

• Her Majester
He is pretty, he is clever, and he is talented.

And he is, or so we are informed by his dad (incorrectly), a 'tit-man'.

More into finches, is he?   ::-)
Milk please, no sugar.

clarion

• Tyke
Perhaps.

I postulate that his constant desire for adulation may be related to his father's dismissive behaviour towards the Wainwright siblings (cf:Bloody Motherfucking Asshole by Martha).

This does not excuse his narcissism, merely contextualises it.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
DoI: I have worked with Wainwright pere
Getting there...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
One of my simple pleasures is to watch TOTP1980 on BBC4 on Thursdays, while following #totp1980. It has been particularly enjoyable lately because Dennis Waterman's theme from Minder is in the charts, and every time it's mentioned in the chart rundown, the #totp1980 tweeters all tweet "write the feme tune, sing the feme tune."
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Know someone who likes "Game Of Thrones"?  Can't think what to get them for Christmas?  This Unit recommends1 Winter is Coming: The Medieval World of Game of Thrones by, er, Dr Larrington.  A snip at only 12.99 of your BRITISH pounds.

1: I haven't actually even seen a copy yet, but...

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
I love Professional Masterchef - it's the only version of Masterchef I watch, not being interested in celebs making tits of themselves or amateur foodies showing off how au courant they are with the latest food fads.

However, this series has been bizarre, and I suspect an element of barrel-scraping - both with the choice of contestants and the choice of 'skills' tests. Out of six contestants in last night's show, two out of three couldn't even make a prawn cocktail (one had never even made mayonnaise before), and two out of the other three weren't capable of producing a decent cheeseburger.

Mind you, even Marcus Wareing... sorry, Michelinstarredchefmarcus Wareing, to give him his proper name, managed to cock up the cheeseburger by serving it on a feckin' brioche.

As for the 'signature dish' round, at least half the chefs produced dishes that were only borderline edible. I don't think I would have put any of them through last night. Really poor standard.

I only hope I never have the misfortune to eat in an establishment that employs any of them.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
The book I am reading mentions a cat called Boris sniffing a fruit bowl. This made me laugh because bobb's cat, Boris, has form for molesting fruit.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
DJ Random has just coughed up "Stairway To Heaven".  The lyrics really are a load of guff, aren't they?

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
I love Professional Masterchef - it's the only version of Masterchef I watch, not being interested in celebs making tits of themselves or amateur foodies showing off how au courant they are with the latest food fads.

For this reason I'm quite looking forward to the "professional bake-off" which is apparently in the pipeline. I might drool on the TV.

citoyen

For this reason I'm quite looking forward to the "professional bake-off" which is apparently in the pipeline.

Ooh! Interesting.

I've been enjoying the Pottery Showdown much more than I would have expected. I mainly like it for the insight it gives into the technical aspects of the creative process, which you don't get from Masterchef or Bake-Off.

Plus friend-of-the-family Jim is in the final, so I've got someone to root for.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
For this reason I'm quite looking forward to the "professional bake-off" which is apparently in the pipeline.

Ooh! Interesting.

Tom Kerridge is presenting it, and was on Chris Evans' radio show the other morning plugging it. Teams of three professional patisserierypeople, and professional judges. No Mel'n'Sue (sadface) or Mary Berry, no Paul Hollywood (woo).

citoyen

Tom Kerridge is presenting it

Oh god, that puts me right off.  :(

ian

Dear wife, if you insist on working from home, you need to understand that late Friday afternoon is my Sing Along With Taylor Swift time.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
I'd say that was extreme mental cruelty.  Have you got a solicitor?