Author Topic: Audax Club Hackney 'last Thursday of the month' drinks  (Read 28581 times)

Re: Audax Club Hackney 'last Thursday of the month' drinks
« Reply #100 on: 27 January, 2017, 06:40:26 pm »
Sorry to have missed it.  All I can offer are apologies and crap excuses.

« Reply #101 on: 03 February, 2017, 03:11:02 pm »
Hello Folks
this month's ale-frenzy will be held at The Shakspeare on Shakespear Walk, Stoke Newington, Hacknety and no, we haven't spelt the Shakspeare's incorrectly - the typos celebrate the writers blatant disregard for spelling - he spelt his name in 7 different ways you know?!  We digress.  Come along and teather your iron horse to the borough's largest iron railings, sample the many flavoursome ales, gaup at the spartan victorian decor, marvel at the best duke box this side of Nagasaki and then join in with the crapping on about bikes...

See you in the Shaky  ;)

ACH

redfalo

• known as Olaf in the real world
    • Cycling Intelligence
« Reply #102 on: 03 February, 2017, 05:23:20 pm »
Excellent choice of venue, Sir! They even offer en suite  bicycle parking.
If you can't convince, confuse.

https://cycling-intelligence.com/ - my blog on cycling, long distances and short ones

« Reply #103 on: 30 March, 2017, 04:46:14 pm »
Tonight will represent our first spin at the Chesham Arms in Homerton.  Bring your bike and your drinking trousers.  Prefferable worn back to front  ;)

« Reply #104 on: 30 March, 2017, 11:31:41 pm »
Hope the night was good, not been to Chesham for many a year, was always cool.  One day I will join the folks of ACH on a Thursday beer, cheers.

« Reply #105 on: 04 April, 2017, 09:26:14 pm »
Hello Folks
Thanks to all those who turned up to make this a seasonal kick-off a pre Spring bonanza jamboree of an even.

This month it's the mighty 'Gun' on Wells Street.  Same rules apply.

Come on folks; never the same pub,, always new folk, plus the old and probabaly the best beer in Crristendom (Discuss)

We at ACH are also very proud to have press-ganged our 100th member - Owwwwwwwwwww!

ACH

« Reply #106 on: 25 June, 2017, 09:18:40 pm »
Audax Club Hackney's last Thursday meeting will take place this Thursday at Stoke Newington's newest craft ale pub- The Axe
https://www.theaxepub.com/

Hope you see Club and non club members

« Reply #107 on: 18 August, 2017, 03:35:35 pm »
We are going to meet on TUESDAY 29th August at the beautiful Wenlock Arms
http://wenlockarms.com/

All welcome

Warning: Hummers will be there

« Reply #108 on: 18 August, 2017, 10:36:34 pm »
Shite man, I'm scared already!!!  :o

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #109 on: 19 August, 2017, 10:36:36 pm »
I predict a riot

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #110 on: 19 August, 2017, 10:49:21 pm »
Enjoy your time in LaGa-land folks - I will sadly not be present this month. Bloody honeymoon' s got in the way.  I will be sure to see you all next time when I resume the monthly visit to cyder-space.

PS I think you'll find that Hummers' glasses start to steam-up after the 9th pint.

The last time I saw him he was out cold in a room full of men, prone on a li-lo wearing a super-hero eye mask; a bit like like the first time I saw him but without the li-lo

« Reply #111 on: 21 September, 2017, 09:09:27 am »
Hello Folks

The 25th different pub and the tour still continues with a visit to an award winning pub

The Marksman on Horatio St., Deepest Darkest Hackney.

https://www.marksmanpublichouse.com/

Come join the merry band of ACHs & AUKs as we drink through the Autumnal chill...

ACH X

andyp

• Andrew Preston
« Reply #112 on: 23 September, 2017, 10:33:34 pm »
Hey that's great,  I've got to be in Cambridge on Friday morning, passing through London on the way up on Thursday night, so can be there! What time do you start?

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #113 on: 26 September, 2017, 04:55:29 pm »
From around 19:00 but anytime after that  ;)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #114 on: 27 September, 2017, 09:04:29 pm »
The Marksman on Horatio St., Deepest Darkest Hackney.

https://www.marksmanpublichouse.com/

This looks bloomin' fancy.

I should be able to attend :thumbsup:
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #115 on: 29 September, 2017, 09:13:39 pm »
Great night as usual folks.  Slightly marred by Agi getting her bike nicked and Gadge snapping his key in his lock!

Great friends, great battle-cruiser, bastard scum bike thrives and a one horrible land-lady.  Seriously folks, ACH & friends had a mega evening but avoid The Marksman in Hackney like the plauge until the owners sack that terrible excuse for a human...

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #116 on: 29 September, 2017, 09:56:44 pm »
Slightly marred by Agi getting her bike nicked and Gadge snapping his key in his lock!

Downer  :'(

« Reply #117 on: 30 September, 2017, 08:23:29 pm »
Great night as usual folks.  Slightly marred by Agi getting her bike nicked and Gadge snapping his key in his lock!

Great friends, great battle-cruiser, bastard scum bike thrives and a one horrible land-lady.  Seriously folks, ACH & friends had a mega evening but avoid The Marksman in Hackney like the plauge until the owners sack that terrible excuse for a human...

What went on with the land-lady after we left?

We sort Gadges lock out last night he was lucky that he could get the lock cut and I passed on the way home.  ;D Just need to get Brad his lock back.

Agi's bike was a bit of a loss and will be missed, RIP. I think its the history of the miles missed at the end of the day.

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #118 on: 06 October, 2017, 01:43:17 pm »
Hello folks.  After last months swell turnout it's time to prepare the kidneys for this months' instalment.

ACH October Fest will be held at 'The Alma' in Newington Green, Hackney of course. This smashing watering hole has recently had a revamp.  I've researched and the test results were positive.

Come and join us.  Again, you don't need to be in ACH to join in the fun but it does help.

JX

« Reply #119 on: 22 January, 2018, 12:19:24 pm »
For the second time ever ACH 'last Thursday of the month' drinks is heading south of the river, this time to the renowned hostelry of the Dog and Bell, Deptford, SE8 3JD. Likely topics of conversation to include Easter Arrows and Borders of Belgium, as always prospective and non-members welcome.

As a bonus, now appears to coincide with their Burns Night offering:
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

« Reply #120 on: 15 February, 2018, 09:41:33 am »
What: February’s last Thursday drinks.
When: Thursday 22nd February- 6pm onwards
Who: everyone
Why: why not

The Birdcage pub
80 Columbia road
London
E2 7QB

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #121 on: 18 April, 2018, 03:54:05 pm »
Hello folks
The 29th Hackney Venue to host the notorious ACH Last Thursday of the Month Drinks will be...

The Well & Bucket
26-Apr-2018 - after work

Join us for cycle related chat and camaraderie in a blanket of ale swathed in Spring sunshine

:)

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #122 on: 26 April, 2018, 05:44:42 pm »
Good night tonight - cheers for making me welcome.

I should possibly maybe make it two in a row next month.Maybe
Rule 77

« Reply #123 on: 12 May, 2018, 03:57:51 pm »
Thursday 31st May
ACH's last Thursday of the month drinks

The Kings Arms (as featured in The London Craft Beer Guide and Garrett & Evans (2018)
11a Buckfast St
Bethnal Green
That London
E2 6EY

www.thekingsarmspub.com

Tucked behind the vibrant but grimy Bethnal Green Road you won't find any city suits or yuppy families at this bar. Even the thick-rimmed goggles of the beer geeks seem equally out of place at first. Where most pubs nail their craft colours to the mast, The Kings arms hides them well. The long line of taps are unmarked; most punters walk straight past the rarities fridge on the way to the loo and the beer list on the wall looks more like a church hymn board.
But underneath its disguises, this pub takes beer very seriously indeed. If there's an exciting tap takeover happening in London, most bets would be it happening here.

« Reply #124 on: 24 July, 2018, 11:08:56 am »
Thursday 25th July
This month we are heading out of Hackney to drink in the ancient city of London- a beautiful Fullers pub called Shaws Booksellers- located in the narrow lanes between St Paul’s cathedral and Blackfriars bridge.
http://www.shawsbooksellers.co.uk
My wife is the landlady- she’ll reserve an area- so look out for AC Hackney sign

All welcome from 6pm