Off Topic > Arts and Entertainment

What was the last film you watched?

<< < (488/2090) > >>

Wascally Weasel:
Hanna (on Tuesday night).  I liked it well enough the first time I saw it, enjoyed it even more the second time around.

Manotea:

--- Quote from: a lower gear on 07 June, 2012, 12:15:00 am ---Snowhite and the Huntsman. Darker than anticipated. Not bad but not worth buying the DVD - glad we watched it at the cinema as a half term treat for the smaller gears.

--- End quote ---
not sure how going to the cinema is a cheaper option! 4 adult tickets plus popcorn=50 quid round my way.

tonycollinet:
Finally watched - Downfall

Very Very good.

Steph:
Prometheus
In a way totally unconnected with the film, I overheard a comment passed behind me as a young man with Down's came in with his mother, talking loudly. The comment was an assumption that the 'mong' would talk through the film.

Well, Mum took son to pictures. Son is well brought up, and knows how to behave. Courtesy and good manners, and you assumed the 'mong' would be the one lacking them? Tosser. Anyway...

(click to show/hide)I enjoyed it, but there were a lot of inconsistencies. Assuming the 'space jockey' is the one in Alien, how does he get back to his seat? And why is it that such a massively overplanned and financed expedition has to have so many 'colourful' characters rather than the more balanced type? The robot was completely inconsistent in its behaviour...I could go on. The one thing that shone out was the sequability of the thing: does she go back to clone world' and drop off their WMD, or do we see a whole series of different planets?

a lower gear:

--- Quote from: Manotea on 07 June, 2012, 12:56:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: a lower gear on 07 June, 2012, 12:15:00 am ---Snowhite and the Huntsman. Darker than anticipated. Not bad but not worth buying the DVD - glad we watched it at the cinema as a half term treat for the smaller gears.

--- End quote ---
not sure how going to the cinema is a cheaper option! 4 adult tickets plus popcorn=50 quid round my way.

--- End quote ---

No popcorn or owt else and its a fairly cheap cinema (local authority owned but due to close when the new national chain franchise opens in our town).

"Not worth buying the DVD" not so much from a cost comparison basis, but more from the perspective that I abhor having books or DVDs or CDs on the shelf that I did not enjoy sufficently to read, view, or listen to a second time.

Yes it would have cheaper to buy the DVD but we have the occasional family cinema outing and we all voted for this filum. I believe that all four gears concurred that "it wasn't worth buying" but that it had been worth seeing in the cinema. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version