Author Topic: Pompey Tea  (Read 1098 times)

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Pompey Tea
« on: 17 August, 2016, 05:03:21 pm »
Mrs P's just come back from a tea drinking session here

https://allabouttea.co.uk/

and recommends it as a far superior alternative to the ubiquitous coffee shops that have spread across the realm. It's a tea shop at the front of their factory.

They mix their own brew that's supposed to tailored to the v hard water in this neck of the woods. Well, Mrs P liked it - and bought me some. They'll also sell you a "Royal Navy" blend designed for the ultra-soft water found on warships (or anywhere relying on artificial freshwater).

Blazer

• One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind
Re: Pompey Tea
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2016, 03:05:08 pm »
I finally got there this morning and picked up 50 bags of Portsmouth Tea and 50 bags of Hampshire Tea.  Only tried the Portsmouth Tea so far but tasted good.  Seating area looked welcoming as well.

Vernon

• zzzZZZzzz
« Reply #2 on: 25 August, 2016, 11:44:03 pm »
We've been drinking this for a while now - it's rather good. What I particularly like about it is that it doesn't get bitter as it continues to brew, so you can top up the teapot with hot water and come back twenty minutes later for another cuppa. This brings the cost down to less artisan levels for decent tea.

« Reply #3 on: 26 August, 2016, 09:16:47 am »
This is the same idea as Yorkshire Tea - with their two variants one for normal soft water and one for hard water like York and the Wolds.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.