Author Topic: not many scalps this morning  (Read 2875 times)

keeks

• shooting from the hip ... because I am
not many scalps this morning
« on: 16 May, 2008, 03:45:27 pm »
I ain't no red injun . Most of my ride is via cycle track or safe back streets but I do like to get my smugometer reading high at certain points where I expect to see traffic jams. So thay I can freewheel past and that is what I call taking scalps , all are victims men women and  children.   :demon:

But today ... nuffin , no palefaces anyway .... so me go back this evening and see if many paleface is stuck on A27 on Cams hill roundabout , always good hunting there....

any other injuns out there ????????

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: not many scalps this morning
« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2008, 04:05:34 pm »
I come into work early and leave early so I don't get the chance,  Just remember that filtering on the left (if you do) is entirely at your own risk, and never, ever ride in the "door zone" on either side.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2008, 04:07:57 pm »
I rarely encounter real jams on this side of Leeds, most traffic is queuing to get on the motorways. My ride is good karma. I do smirk when I cross the M621 if it is tailed back from the M62 though.

keeks

« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2008, 04:48:40 pm »
I come into work early and leave early so I don't get the chance,  Just remember that filtering on the left (if you do) is entirely at your own risk, and never, ever ride in the "door zone" on either side.

cheers more than aware of that my scalping is done from the safety of the cycle path along side , " leave early " so are you still here ?
anyhows sharping knife know leavin  in 5 mins 

« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »
Although the smugometer is high in the rush hour, I've started to avoid it now as it's easier riding at a later point in the day.  I now just cruise in in the moving traffic rather than forcing myself to race past all the fed up folk trying to get to the back of the next queue.

« Reply #5 on: 16 May, 2008, 05:04:40 pm »
After 14 weeks of smugness while they rebuilt one of Chesters main bridges the traffic jams have returned to their natural habitat.

Ther are compensations though, 32mph this morning down a bit of road that a couple of weeks ago was so gridlocked I had to get off and walk :thumbsup:
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

miloat

« Reply #6 on: 18 May, 2008, 02:07:49 pm »
Cams hill in fareham?
I used to live there and went to cams school.
Almost as bad as staines.

keeks

« Reply #7 on: 19 May, 2008, 01:44:54 pm »
Cams hill in fareham?

yeah sometimes backed from roundabout to the school , other days not ? but thats where my smugometer normally gets its highest reading.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #8 on: 19 May, 2008, 02:04:58 pm »
Cams hill in fareham?

yeah sometimes backed from roundabout to the school , other days not ? but thats where my smugometer normally gets its highest reading.

The M3 is often worth a few scalps

et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #9 on: 19 May, 2008, 02:17:26 pm »
Although I go past a fair amount of stationary traffic, I usually see the odd car at Parliament Square that I saw when crossing Putney Bridge (and along the way too).

However, that journey hasn't just cost me £8 for entering the Congestion Charge zone.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #10 on: 19 May, 2008, 03:09:47 pm »
Cams hill in fareham?

One of the bridges near chertsey / chobham (B386/B383)?  (local resident)

I find the ride from Reading station to the office is very good. The kings road being two lanes of parked cars for > 1 mile with a bus lane that is the best cycle facility I know of.

Matthew
The M3 is often worth a few scalps