Author Topic: Say hello to Density  (Read 1809 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Say hello to Density
« on: 03 February, 2012, 01:12:32 am »
A week ago we were hired/commissioned to build a mobile sound system to cycle around London playing music and dressed with a banner to advertise the launch of a new radio station. Cue a hectic week of designing and building that finished on Wednesday at 2am. At 9am we rolled out with this:

We've christened her "Density" and it's quite apt. Remember Beatrix? She over 200% more dense. She's designed to cycle around London with music for over 8 hours and will hit 133db. She supports 2x 4x3ft banners on a collapsable A frame for neat storage. Sadly though she's very heavy in order to cope with the winds. Which she did well. We're deciding to to make her lighter and use mesh banners.

We opted for a smart & neat black finish to make it a bit more professional looking
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Say hello to Density
« Reply #1 on: 03 February, 2012, 01:28:14 am »
My, you've grown your hair!

But I hope you won't mind if I say that the Michael Jackson look doesn't really suit you?  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 03 February, 2012, 01:37:23 am »
lol that's Titanium Dave at the helm. Sadly my health isn't good enough to tow yet :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2012, 01:59:30 am »
On the back will be the name and url :)

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #4 on: 03 February, 2012, 02:12:09 am »
I wonder if her Maj will listen in?

Support Equilibrium

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #5 on: 04 February, 2012, 07:33:05 am »
lol that's Titanium Dave at the helm. Sadly my health isn't good enough to tow yet :(

Lovely piece of kit Sam...

...and I spotted Dave in Victoria the other day.  But he didn't seem to hear me yell hello...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #6 on: 04 February, 2012, 11:20:16 am »
That'll teach me not to speed read posts and get the wrong end of the stick.

I thought you'd spent a hectic week beavering away and managed to create a fat, bearded, ginger lady you are going to call Density.

I then started wondering if your Frankensteinian experimentation might soon result in Density's Child, and wondered if you'd be supplying the DNA.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #7 on: 05 February, 2012, 02:40:18 am »
haha.

Greg for what it's worth you really have to shout. He has a tendency to forget his earplugs at a lot of gigs lol.

Support Equilibrium

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #8 on: 05 February, 2012, 11:11:37 am »
A week ago we were hired/commissioned to build a mobile sound system to cycle around London playing music and dressed with a banner to  She's designed to cycle around London with music for over 8 hours and will hit 133db:o

Looks great, but can you promise not to come down my street, please  :)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #9 on: 05 February, 2012, 11:25:56 am »
Greg for what it's worth you really have to shout. He has a tendency to forget his earplugs at a lot of gigs lol.
Is Titanium Dave a pseudonym for Tinnitus Dave?

simonp

« Reply #10 on: 05 February, 2012, 11:27:17 am »

Lovely piece of kit Sam...

...and I spotted Dave in Victoria the other day.  But he didn't seem to hear me yell hello...

“Hello Dave”? I expect he did hear you.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #11 on: 05 February, 2012, 06:55:24 pm »
Is Titanium Dave a pseudonym for Tinnitus Dave?

:p It's worth noting that while our system will hit that volume, we do keep an eye on levels won't do anything that could jeopardise people's hearing. It is our livelihood after all.

As for Ti Dave, it's because he's been in a few accidents having been couriering for years and years and usually tends to come out of most of them with minor damage. Like the time he was swiped out by a lorry, wrote off his bike, he walked away with a torn ligament.

Support Equilibrium