Author Topic: The return of the arghsoddit washer  (Read 687 times)

Tim

The return of the arghsoddit washer
« on: 02 November, 2009, 10:48:25 am »
For reasons explaned elsewhere the SMGT came home from work one day last week in the car  >:( rather than the more traditional arrangement of under the cyclist.

To fit it in the car the seat is removed. This involves two QR bolts. There are some spacing washers of which two are curved on the inside and flat on the outside type. I realised one was missing whilst trying to fettle it back into shape. Arghsoddit.  :-[

I revisited the spot where the bike was put into the car. Just over ½ a week later there in the office car-park is laying one arghsoddit washer, still in the correct shape and ready to be reunited with the rest of the bike.  :smug:

Yay!

(To restore balance to the universe the network had been tinkered with in the office, disabling the software I work with.  >:()

Re: The return of the arghsoddit washer
« Reply #1 on: 02 November, 2009, 10:24:58 pm »
He neglected to say it woz me wot spotted it.  :smug:
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: The return of the arghsoddit washer
« Reply #2 on: 03 November, 2009, 06:47:41 am »
My wife's car has the opposite problem: the whazatdo spring.  It's about 5 inches long and was found rolling around the cabin floor.  Looks as if it has something to do with the seat mechanism, but everything works perfectly without it.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.