General Category > Freewheeling

Freed from the tryranny of log-keeping

(1/1)

BornAgainCyclist:
. . . by the loss of access to everydaycycling.com.  For some reason my user name and password no longer work.
A bit miffed at first - until I realised I had been freed from: logging every mile; who and how many were out on a clubrun; what percentage was commuting and what percentage were leisure rides.  Nobody ever read it but me . . .and I wasn't that bovvered, wot was the point? Was I becoming an obsessive compulsive? (that's a retorical qustion).
Another bonus is that I no longer have the frustration of navigating my way around one of the most muddled and confusing websites on the planet.

Greenbank:

--- Quote from: BornAgainCyclist on 13 March, 2009, 10:04:10 am ---Another bonus is that I no longer have the frustration of navigating my way around one of the most muddled and confusing websites on the planet.

--- End quote ---

You could join bikejournal.com which has it's own little quirks.

I download a copy of the logs each week (it emails them to you) which serves as a good backup. (You have to pay to be a premium member to do this.)

Jaded:
Have a day off recording rides than register at Cyclogs.org

;D

clarion:
Back in the day, I measured with a bit of string on a map how far I'd gone.

More recently, when I came back to cycling, I got a computer.  A cheap one from Lidl, but it worked to show me how slowly I was progressing.

I kept breaking computers in various ways (including treading on one :-[ ).  I decided for a while that I didn't deserve a computer at all.  But I was curious, so I got another one.

Then I started recording on Cyclogs - until it went a bit funny.

So I registered on Bikejournal, and forgot my login.

No worries, I set up a spreadsheet at work.

Then I left that job, so I set up a cleverer spreadsheet at my new work, with lots of internal comparisons ans sub-goals.

Then i changed my commute radically.

I'm back on enow.  It's nice to see my distance increase, and my speed rise slightly.  It is frustrating to be so far behind other folk so early in the year, but that means I am making my way fairly steadily up the rankings to the top.

If I lost the link to the site again, well, never mind - it would just add to the long list of my data lost in the ether.

(And I have bikes without computers too ;) )

MikeFromLFE:
Pah! Bit of string - I started logging my miles with a thing that went < tick-tick-tick-tick > on your front wheel (or   <tick     -      tick      -      tick         -      tick  > when going uphill, and writing it in a little grey book, now I've got a completely silent GPS to log my kilometres and a totally mad spreadsheet with lots of conditional formatting! (Although my GPS does go < wheeeee!> when I hit 50kph)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version