Author Topic: Your fatbike  (Read 81400 times)

Re: Your fatbike
« Reply #125 on: 05 December, 2014, 09:59:32 am »
Any of you fatties out for Global Fatbike Day tomorrow?

I was heading for a beach ride at merseyside but now doing a local ride with Tim @Sideways. The tides in at merseyside in the morning :facepalm:
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #126 on: 05 December, 2014, 11:24:32 am »
Any of you fatties out for Global Fatbike Day tomorrow?

I was heading for a beach ride at merseyside but now doing a local ride with Tim @Sideways. The tides in at merseyside in the morning :facepalm:

Nothing formal, if I can get time I'll go out but I'd take the fatty whatever day it is

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #127 on: 05 December, 2014, 11:29:16 am »
I wasn't even aware that there was a Global Fatbike day ...

Sadly, I have Parental Tech SupportTM commitments tomorrow, which means I've got to drag myself up the A1 to the wilds of County Durham.

« Reply #128 on: 05 December, 2014, 11:39:23 am »
Looking forward to it. A very, very slight chance of snow but definitely icy tomorrow morning. Hoping this rain buggers off!

Glencoe and kinlochleven is covered in snow today, I was tempted to go up there this week. I've had orders that I cant  :-\

I've not seen any fatties out at all yet on my travels. Don't know how many will turn up, it's not one of the bigger rides.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #129 on: 06 December, 2014, 05:25:43 pm »

Four of us left from Sideways Cycles today, good ride and company :thumbsup:

I didn't feel too good today but made the effort (others couldn't be bothered and cancelled ), I'm now sitting here with a cough and cold. My wife says it's my fault for hanging around in woods with strange men ;D

« Reply #130 on: 06 December, 2014, 10:51:22 pm »
:thumbsup:

I'm contemplating different mounts, definitely getting the chest mount. They do a pole  but I don't fancy lugging it around with me. You get funny looks with it mounted on top of your head, a 4ft pole won't help

That reminds me - a guy on PBP had a still camera mounted on top of his helmet, with a remote, so he'd peer at you, angle his head, and click the shutter.

Anyway, loving the fat bikes. Keep 'em coming.

« Reply #131 on: 07 December, 2014, 10:30:54 am »
This is being threatened for the next issue of Singletrack and I am intrigued:

« Reply #132 on: 10 December, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »
Phew!

Forks are fine my code is 201404, the newerer code ;D
But with the compass logo on the outside ???

Just stripped it down then realised I just needed to lift the stem off and peak down with a torch to see the code :facepalm: my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

« Reply #133 on: 26 December, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »
Ooohhhhhhh!!

It's just started to snow :thumbsup:

They may be getting a 'proper' fat ride tomorrow  :D

« Reply #134 on: 26 December, 2014, 05:45:12 pm »
Picked up some consultancy, which I'll end up with just 25% of, but could stretch to a Mondraker panzer. However, that canyon dude cf that's out in the summer looks with waiting for.

« Reply #135 on: 26 December, 2014, 05:49:21 pm »
JUST BUY ONE, SOON ;D
Triton have got the cooker 1 on sale £700ish.

The snow has stuck, lights are charging as I type :thumbsup:
Off tonight and a big snow ride planned for tomorrow, even though I'm still ill :-\

« Reply #136 on: 27 December, 2014, 08:41:15 am »
Had a couple of hours this morning, watched the sun rise. The snow had frozen solid, it wasn't as much fun as playing in the fresh stuff last night. Still enjoyed it, the woods were fun :thumbsup:

The roads were dangerous on the way home, the car tracks were lethal. Not a grain of grit or salt on any roads.

PaulF

« Reply #137 on: 27 December, 2014, 09:38:56 am »
Jealous! Not a flake round here

Just had a little mud to contend with yesterday

« Reply #138 on: 27 December, 2014, 09:46:38 am »
What tyres you on Paul?

Don't clean it , wait until it snows, then it all drops off with the snow :thumbsup:

The snow isn't as good as last night, when it was fresh. It's a bit crap when it's turned to solid ice :-\

PaulF

« Reply #139 on: 27 December, 2014, 10:57:17 am »
What tyres you on Paul?

Don't clean it , wait until it snows, then it all drops off with the snow :thumbsup:

The snow isn't as good as last night, when it was fresh. It's a bit crap when it's turned to solid ice :-\

Got a Floater on the back, Nate up front.

Had to clean it as I'm doing the SPAM challenge tomorrow, not because I'm fussy I just want the bike closer to it's original weight!

« Reply #140 on: 27 December, 2014, 11:15:37 am »

Had to clean it as I'm doing the SPAM challenge tomorrow, not because I'm fussy I just want the bike closer to it's original weight!

Doesn't look like a floater, it actually looks like a slick anyway :D

I suppose a clean may be needed, it'll shed a stone or two!

Good luck for tomorrow  :thumbsup:

« Reply #141 on: 28 December, 2014, 07:11:24 pm »
Have fatbikes become so mainstream that there are now fatBSOs? :o

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/coyote-fatman-fat-bike-black-p328471

« Reply #142 on: 28 December, 2014, 07:31:55 pm »
It seems so. Before Christmas I noticed our LBS had kids versions in too: Sonic Fatbikes  ::-)
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #143 on: 29 December, 2014, 11:45:20 am »
What tyres you on Paul?

How was it Paul?

Lots of mud and pushing uphill?

PaulF

« Reply #144 on: 29 December, 2014, 12:25:56 pm »
Actually a great day out, only had to push up a few hills but with almost 3000' of climbing in 50k (sorry for the mixture of units!) that's not too bad. Mud wasn't an issue for me a least ;D and I wasn't the last home.

Nice section through Imber with a couple of tanks to view. Next time will probably do the 35k as a lot of the extra section was on roads.

« Reply #145 on: 29 December, 2014, 12:31:57 pm »
Sounds like a it was good day to lose a few mince pie calories  :thumbsup:

Had a feeling you'd be used to the mud ;D

PaulF

« Reply #146 on: 29 December, 2014, 03:14:17 pm »
Certainly did, although I think the burger afterwards (highly reccomended) and teh subsequent binge eating may have neutralised the losses.

Think I was more used to then the cyclocrossers, was great zooming past them on the more slippery downhill sections. Of course they then passed me as the terrain flattened out...

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #147 on: 29 December, 2014, 03:53:19 pm »
Have replaced my rear tyre - a well worn Floater after a bad crash some days ago. Now I have a Nate on it and much more grip again. :thumbsup:

PaulF

« Reply #148 on: 30 December, 2014, 11:04:14 am »
Certainly did, although I think the burger afterwards (highly reccomended) and teh subsequent binge eating may have neutralised the losses.

Think I was more used to then the cyclocrossers, was great zooming past them on the more slippery downhill sections. Of course they then passed me as the terrain flattened out...

Just found the results: 227th out of 337

« Reply #149 on: 30 December, 2014, 12:40:27 pm »

Just found the results: 227th out of 337

:thumbsup: good result for a bike you can only use in snow ;D