Author Topic: What etrex HCx part do I need  (Read 1699 times)

What etrex HCx part do I need
« on: 30 September, 2012, 09:10:19 am »
I have a load of handlebar mounts, and I have an HCx, so I don't need the back part, but the clip bit that goes into the handlebar bracket on my etrex has cracked off. I need a new bit to screw onto the back, but can't see what I need to buy - any tips?

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: What etrex HCx part do I need
« Reply #1 on: 30 September, 2012, 09:33:17 am »
I would call that the 'clip that screws into the HCx backplate and clips into the handlebar bracket'. IIRC when I needed a replacement a while back I called the main Garmin number in Southampton (023 8052 4000) and asked for customer services/parts, and they sent me one gratis. Here's hoping!

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #2 on: 30 September, 2012, 10:05:27 am »
Hard To Find TM
I've never seen this part listed as a spare.  Manotea was lucky but it looks like the best bet.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 30 September, 2012, 04:20:46 pm »
Yeah, they don't officially stock it as a spare.  I managed to obtain one by emailling Garmin after mine was damaged in an unplanned dismount.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #5 on: 01 October, 2012, 10:11:03 am »
Hmm - hopefully one will turn up. Not a very positive response from the "computer says no" chap on the phone.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #6 on: 01 October, 2012, 11:58:10 am »
Apparently it is Garmin part number 145-00709-00.
I can't find any UK shops for it. It is available here, seems to only be a few pounds for international postage: http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-etrex-cx-series-mounting-clip.html

« Reply #7 on: 01 October, 2012, 04:31:48 pm »
You are a star. Telephone kid basically agreed that I'd have to buy something else soon, claiming that the part wasn't available separately.