Author Topic: Industrial Photography  (Read 1986 times)

ed_o_brain

Industrial Photography
« on: 26 June, 2012, 12:57:30 am »
I spent most of today training an intern at a local company in product and PR photography. I was allowed to grab a couple of shots whilst I was there. I know the processing I've applied here aren't going to be everyones cup of tea, but here are two I thought I would share:

My second favourite from the day:

factory 1 - guage by Daniel Cadden Photo, on Flickr

It reminds me of an old James Bond film!I like the awkwardness as the gauge is almost facing out of the frame. It feels like it should be facing the other way - however just as it is makes it feel a bit more real and a bit more industrial. I also like the soft shadows that are prevalent through the image and also the occasional reflected highlights.

My first favourite:

factory 3 - technician by Daniel Cadden Photo, on Flickr

This is one of those shots I anticipated and waited for. The subjects looks kind of awkward looking so far up out of the frame, especially with the sloped shoulders, but I like the tension and 'reality' this creates. I also like the fact he's looks kind of burly, yet there was a delicate nature in the work he was undertaken and I hope I've captured that. I know some of you won't like the out of focus foreground, but I felt like I wanted to frame the subject and highlight the 'business' of the environment the subject is working in.

Re: Industrial Photography
« Reply #1 on: 26 June, 2012, 01:18:46 am »
I like both of those D.  I think the top one is the sort of thing you might get in an ad. in National Geographic, and that's an incredible standard.

I think the bloke in the bottom picture services my car; at least, it's somebody who does it with his mind on something else!