Author Topic: online whiteboard system  (Read 1473 times)

online whiteboard system
« on: 11 November, 2017, 09:45:11 pm »
I'm looking for an online whiteboard solution - but needs to be something that we can host and run on our own servers, for confidentiality reasons.

Anyone have experience of setting up and using one? recommendations?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: online whiteboard system
« Reply #1 on: 11 November, 2017, 11:40:55 pm »
used one but not set it up, let me see if I can find any details
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2 on: 14 November, 2017, 09:00:34 am »
I'm looking for an online whiteboard solution - but needs to be something that we can host and run on our own servers, for confidentiality reasons.

There's one built in to Skype for business if you have that already
Regards,

Joergen

ian

« Reply #3 on: 14 November, 2017, 09:06:58 am »
Oddly they're never caught on in the superfuturistic world of Tidy Haired Thought Leadership™. We've focused on direct brain shunt downloads of kilo-slide Powerpoint decks.

I used one once but it crashed before I'd drawn nearly enough kittens to explain something complicated enough to warranty a kitten-based explanation. And they wouldn't give me a flipchart for 'environmental reasons.' So I drew on the wall.

Anyway, if you're in a boardroom and some idiot has drawn kittens all over the side wall, that's me. Indelible, who knew, I thought that meant you couldn't eat it.

Not helpful, but seriously what were you expecting when you started reading this.

« Reply #4 on: 14 November, 2017, 01:21:41 pm »

There's one built in to Skype for business if you have that already
It has to be secure - can't use something like that. There are loads of systems online, built into google hangouts, skype, etc.

I found a potential extension for Confluence and something called Ziteboard, which offers a secure encrypted version for enterprise use.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 15 November, 2017, 12:39:08 am »
Whatever happened to MS NetMeeting?  That was surprisingly functional, given its era.

*googles*

Discontinued with Vista, apparently.  I suppose the rise of NAT, and latterly Skype, killed it off.