Linked Events

• Pedaldog's 21st Atent Ded Yet Day: 15 April, 2017

Author Topic: Celebration  (Read 6624 times)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Celebration
« on: 05 March, 2017, 11:39:16 am »
Traumatic Brain Injuries this day 1996, Coma for some weeks. Any camping meets the weekend of 15th April plz to be lettin' I and I know.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
Re: Celebration
« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2017, 01:14:44 pm »
Thanks RR.
I modified the OP to reflect the Actual Date, 15th April 2017 is 21 years to the day. I want to celebrate it, I've had a Much Better life than many others with similar injuries.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 05 March, 2017, 01:25:06 pm »
Any camping meets the weekend of 15th April plz to be lettin' I and I know.

Not actually a YACF thing, but since there's some overlap, the ALC are going to Hayfield that weekend... http://lightweightcampers.org.uk/hayfield-peak-dist-apr-17/

Keep on keeping on!

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #3 on: 05 March, 2017, 01:30:49 pm »
Was going to post the same thing but Kim beat me to it  ;D
We are booked in there for 5 nights
Are you a member of the C+CC?

Rich

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4 on: 05 March, 2017, 04:05:31 pm »
Hoping you have even more to celebrate next year and the year after and...
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 05 March, 2017, 04:14:01 pm »
Mrs. Wow and I are members of the C & CC.

It just so happens that our wedding anniversary falls on 17th April, as it does every year, curiously enough. This year will be our 41st.

We are very fond of Hayfield, despite Arthur Lowe having lived there. We have stayed in the Lantern Pike Inn (Little Hayfield) on several occasions. This was Mrs. Wow's stomping ground when on family afternoons out as a small child.

*ponders*
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #6 on: 05 March, 2017, 04:19:50 pm »
Mrs. Wow and I are members of the C & CC.

It just so happens that our wedding anniversary falls on 17th April, as it does every year, curiously enough. This year will be our 41st.

We are very fond of Hayfield, despite Arthur Lowe having lived there. We have stayed in the Lantern Pike Inn (Little Hayfield) on several occasions. This was Mrs. Wow's stomping ground when on family afternoons out as a small child.

*ponders*

Go on, go on, go on!

We will be in Hayfield that weekend, obviously and we'd love to see any other C & CC members out. It's very cheap when we camp as a rally  :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #7 on: 05 March, 2017, 05:05:34 pm »
I suppose that, as an Association of Lightweight Campers, it might be frowned upon if we took a very large tent in a car...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8 on: 05 March, 2017, 05:13:49 pm »
Nothing wrong with using a car.  It's all about the tent.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #9 on: 05 March, 2017, 05:18:03 pm »
I am formulating a plan which involves getting a train to Stalybridge, spending a night with Mrs. Wow's sister at the Family Seat and then pottering over the hills via minor roads/sustrans routes. It isn't that far from Stalybridge to Hayfield - probably about 12 miles, says he without actually plotting a route.

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #10 on: 06 March, 2017, 11:41:56 pm »
Not a Member, yet. Is it extra cost for the ALC bit? I assume I'd need to be a paid up member for the Hayfield meet, I might be able to find the joining fee in a few weeks so watch this space.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #11 on: 07 March, 2017, 02:43:53 am »
ALC is an extra £6. You're allowed to join a meet if you are a C+CC member though.
I'd need to know in advance if anyone wants to join us as we only have a set amount booked.

Rich

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #12 on: 07 March, 2017, 06:32:38 pm »
ALC is an extra £6. You're allowed to join a meet if you are a C+CC member though.
I'd need to know in advance if anyone wants to join us as we only have a set amount booked.

Rich

Book us in please Rich. This will be Jan's first small tent venture since our ill-(midge)fated trip to Mull 3 years ago. However, if she finds it utterly intolerable she has a sister 13 bike miles away with a perfectly decent bungalow to escape to! We are C & CC members. Quite happy to pay the extra £6 for the ALC element.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #13 on: 07 March, 2017, 06:35:45 pm »
Put me down too.  Not sure about barakta, as she isn't really rated for lightweight tents, but she has a mother about 6 miles away with a perfectly good bungaloid.  We are members of that there ALC.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #14 on: 08 March, 2017, 03:11:20 am »
Book us in please Rich. This will be Jan's first small tent venture since our ill-(midge)fated trip to Mull 3 years ago. However, if she finds it utterly intolerable she has a sister 13 bike miles away with a perfectly decent bungalow to escape to! We are C & CC members. Quite happy to pay the extra £6 for the ALC element.

Will do  :thumbsup:
You don't need to pay the extra to camp with us but you can join the section if you so wish.
You get a small mag and great rally rates at all our meets.
The fee for this meet is only £8 per tent per night.

We have a meet booked most months this year, have a look at lightweightcampers.org.uk to see the list.
Hampshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Somerset, Oxfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Kent to name a few  ;D ;D

Put me down too. 

Will do also  :thumbsup:
Rich

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #15 on: 09 March, 2017, 09:28:35 pm »
I just spoke to Jan's sister about potentially using her bungalow as a bolt hole, but she won't be there - she has decided to join us camping in Hayfield!

This should be very amusing...

Edit: hey, Pedaldog, sorry to hijack your thread like this, but I definitely think you ought to be there now!  :thumbsup:

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #16 on: 09 March, 2017, 11:59:27 pm »
No worries. I'm going to know if I can make it by the end of Monday. Hoping I can.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #17 on: 12 March, 2017, 08:47:31 pm »
That weekend we will be returning from a short restorative in Normandy. Enjoy your camping expedition.

BTW that is Easter w/e, don't assume transport links and roads will be 'normal'!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #18 on: 29 March, 2017, 11:57:06 pm »
It is looking quite possible that Jan and I will be having a preliminary night at Hardwick Hall, for historical research purposes.  ::-)

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #19 on: 30 March, 2017, 01:17:21 pm »
Revealed my plans and have been ORDERED not to book anything for that weekend! Arse!
Won't be making this one after all.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #20 on: 30 March, 2017, 01:21:49 pm »
 :( Bugger! see you at Clitheroe then (unless you fancy Wolvey or Minehead).
Although Minehead is a good distance from you!

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #21 on: 30 March, 2017, 02:03:12 pm »
I'll mark Clitheroe in, might even ride o'er T' big hill wi't Chela for that one!

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #22 on: 10 April, 2017, 10:51:58 am »
Our plans are currently in a state of flux. Jan has had a rotten cold for over a week and her asthma is playing her up, especially when horizontal. Subjecting herself to a cold, clammy tent does not seem to be especially wise. I think there will be a representation from our party, but whether it ends up being just me is yet to be decided.

« Reply #23 on: 10 April, 2017, 01:28:18 pm »
Our plans are currently in a state of flux. Jan has had a rotten cold for over a week and her asthma is playing her up, especially when horizontal. Subjecting herself to a cold, clammy tent does not seem to be especially wise. I think there will be a representation from our party, but whether it ends up being just me is yet to be decided.
Hope Jan feels better soon xxx
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #24 on: 10 April, 2017, 11:40:50 pm »
OK. Jan was intending to stay at home whilst I whisked her younger sister away for a camping weekend. But - younger sister says "Come anyway and Jan can stay with me in the house!" Which is something akin to what I put a few posts back. Even after all these years I don't think Clare trusts me (says he, twirling his moustache and pouring two large glasses of madeira...)

So. The latest plan is for Jan and me to set off on Wednesday and make for Dukinfield. Our older daughter wants us to spend some time en route at Hardwick Hall, where we are to take photographs for some activity she is devising for the history curriculum. We will spend Wednesday night with Clare and then my intention is to cycle with full camping gear the 13 or so miles from Dukinfield to Hayfield using this route:

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?lnk=http://peter.chesspod.com/routes/sk16hayfield.gpx

Jan and Clare can then join us during the day if we are intending to do exciting things, like walking up Kinder.

Apart from the joy of camping, does anyone have any particular plans? I am intending to bring my Thorn with me and no bike for Jan at the moment, unless she has a change of heart and fancies a bit of electric tandemming. I don't think Clare is anything of a cyclist but does like a bit of hill walking.