Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Confessions of a tool junkie
« Last post by Kim on Today at 01:28:23 pm »
On a related note, there seems to be a shortage of Blackmorph.  (The white stuff is more readily available.)
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 01:21:19 pm »
Surrey seem to have been very unlucky with the weather so far. Hardly any play in their first match in Lancashire, and no play before lunch today in Canterbury.

Meanwhile, Essex seem to have made a decent start thanks to Snater (what a lovely name!) whose figures so far are 2 overs, 1 maiden, 1 run, 2 wickets.
Caption It / Re: Caption it #2080
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 12:57:11 pm »
Getting your meat and two veg at the Dutch supermarket
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by telstarbox on Today at 12:51:13 pm »
Ok!
Online quizzes / Re: Squaredle
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 12:46:23 pm »
I played https://squaredle.com 04/19:
*59/59 words (+14 bonus words)
🎯 In the top 10% by accuracy
🔥 Solve streak: 22
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 12:36:03 pm »
It seems as though the rain is in the south-east at the moment. No play yet in Kent, and a delayed start at Chelmsford where Lancs are 11-0, having been inserted (!) by Essex. (I’m not sure but I think that silly expression might have been coined by Trevor Bailey).
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by MsG on Today at 12:35:44 pm »
There's an Amici at the railway station. Not much else open Saturday morning.  Huntingdon isn't on my usual café stop list.
For anyone who may be in Downham Market early enough, Knicat Bakery is next to the station and does good traditional cakes, biscuits and filled rolls for a bargain price. Slightly off the route and open until 3pm on Saturday.
OT Gallery / Re: Readers' Instruments
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 12:32:25 pm »
I know that Hybrid Slinkys have been around forever (probably in a couple or three gauges). It was my string of choice in the days when I thought I could play guitar.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 12:30:01 pm »
Sunak.

With all of the problems facing the country and the conservative party he declares war on "sick note culture"...

I was similarly outraged when I heard this on the radio this morning. The only positive is that he's probably alienating a large number of potential tory voters with this crap. But then I guess he knows he's on his way out so doesn't care any more.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Polar Bear on Today at 12:13:58 pm »
Sunak.

With all of the problems facing the country and the conservative party he declares war on "sick note culture" and declared living on benefits as a lifestyle choice.  I don't give a shit about tories gaslighting about "benefit lifestyle" because it's just more of their insidious divide and rule behaviour, but, I do care when he declares that some unidentified experts will be appointed if the tories win the next election to decide if you deserve a sick note or not.

Hmmm, this stinks of Crapita and disability benefits assessments ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10