Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL drinks 28th July  (Read 3534 times)

[LEL17] LEL drinks 28th July
« on: 11 July, 2017, 04:54:30 pm »
as announced on FB, but not yet here I think...

On the Friday 28th July, the day before LEL registration, ACH & Dulwich are hosting a welcome party at The Old Salt Quay, London, SE16 5QU

They are looking for volunteers to join a rota to keep an eye on the bikes outside, please contact Christopherbreed [at] hotmail.com (aka Gadget) if you can help

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: LEL drinks 28th July
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2017, 05:28:56 pm »
When?
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2017, 06:14:25 pm »
They are looking for volunteers to join a rota to keep an eye on the bikes outside...

Drinks? DRINKS???

I'm hoping someone will volunteer to keep an eye on me....
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2017, 06:45:14 pm »
When?

I have posted as much as I know...but I imagine it will be in the evening  ;)

Phil W

« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2017, 10:03:09 pm »
The Old Salt Quay
Address
163 Rotherhithe Street
Rotherhithe
London
SE16 5QU

ACH will be there from about 1830 on Fri 28th July 17. Danial and myself depends on where we are with setup at Loughton but hopefully not too late down there.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2017, 10:26:38 pm »
About 50 volunteers will be at Loughton and they've been invited to the drinks: I can't imagine there'll be a problem finding a responsible bike guard.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

« Reply #6 on: 11 July, 2017, 10:35:53 pm »
They are looking for volunteers to join a rota to keep an eye on the bikes outside...

Drinks? DRINKS???

I'm hoping someone will volunteer to keep an eye on me....

It can't be as bad as the "entertainment" outside the pub before the 2016 National 400...

Word is, they tried to tip Wobbly's Pashley, but couldn't shift it.

« Reply #7 on: 12 July, 2017, 11:25:15 am »
Yeeessss.... I remember those particular gentlemen.

As I set off back to the HQ (and I was very wobbly at the time too as it happens!) some of them decided to get into a vehicle. I was *convinced* they were out to flatten me so was forced to engage warp drive. I swear I left a contrail in my wake.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #8 on: 12 July, 2017, 12:36:19 pm »
They are looking for volunteers to join a rota to keep an eye on the bikes outside, please contact Christopherbreed [at] hotmail.com (aka Gadget) if you can help

Just come on down, we'll be watching your bikes.  :D
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #9 on: 27 July, 2017, 08:20:15 am »
For any one planning to cycle to the party, ACH are organising a couple of feeder rides from Central London and Loughton, both assembling from 17:30 for an 18:00 depart.

I'm leading one from Trafalgar Square - meet on the East side by King George IV (look for the ACH banner!) from 17:30 for a 18:00 departure. Click here for Routesheet and GPX.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

« Reply #10 on: 27 July, 2017, 11:33:18 am »
I will be leading the other feeder from Loughton.

I will be at the Davenant Foundation School at 17:30 for a 18:00 departure. Due to expected numbers I have had to plan a direct route in order to keep riders together, meaning A-Roads through East London, in most cases there will be either bus or bike lanes but people will need to expect traffic due to the time of day.

If the numbers are manageable I will take riders down the Thames path earlier on the south side of the river, but if we have the expected numbers I will keep to the route below.

GPX: http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=jfzcnnshppizulxy

Hopefully see some of you Friday.

« Reply #11 on: 27 July, 2017, 01:19:11 pm »
Well, there's always the more 'direct' route throyugh the Rotherhithe Tunnel!!  :hand:
Apart from the foul air quality  :sick:, a groupetto could dominate the single lane southbound!!

« Reply #12 on: 27 July, 2017, 04:27:11 pm »
Well, there's always the more 'direct' route throyugh the Rotherhithe Tunnel!!  :hand:
Apart from the foul air quality  :sick:, a groupetto could dominate the single lane southbound!!

I would have liked to take people through the foot tunnel, but intermittent failures on the south side lift would make me unpopular if everyone had to cart their bikes up the stairs!

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #13 on: 27 July, 2017, 04:28:47 pm »
I would have liked to take people through the foot tunnel, but intermittent failures on the south side lift would make me unpopular if everyone had to cart their bikes up the stairs!

South lift was back up and running last week after a six (?) week period of it being broken. It was still working as of Monday.

Want me to check tomorrow morning and let you know?
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #14 on: 27 July, 2017, 08:30:51 pm »
 ::-)

South lift was back up and running last week after a six (?) week period of it being broken. It was still working as of Monday.

Want me to check tomorrow morning and let you know?

Thanks for the offer but we have settled on a route now.

« Reply #15 on: 27 July, 2017, 08:33:44 pm »
Sorry for the late change, but please note the above route has been updated to avoid Whipps Cross and Lea Valley Road following some useful feedback from Olaf who will also now be joining me tomorrow.

These changes will make the route more pleasant and avoid some traffic hotspots at the time we will be heading though.

See you all tomorrow!