Author Topic: Etrex30 - cadence sensor has stopped working  (Read 1519 times)

321up

• 59° N
Etrex30 - cadence sensor has stopped working
« on: 20 July, 2017, 10:37:50 am »
I've tried replacing the cadence sensor batteries and re-pairing with the garmin and it still does not work.

Research suggests that I probably need to reset the garmin to get the cadence sensor working again (which will loose all my settings and data).

If the malfunction is due to a corrupted file then perhaps I can get it working by copying the relevant system files back to the device (from a previous backup copy) without doing a reset (e.g. overwriting them with an older version)?  The problem is I don't know which files are relevant to this problem. 

Any suggestions?

321up

• 59° N
Re: Etrex30 - cadence sensor has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: 20 July, 2017, 09:03:45 pm »
It took a full master reset  ::-), but now it's working again.  Sometime I'll investigate which files are modified after pairing with the sensor...

321up

• 59° N
Re: Etrex30 - cadence sensor has stopped working
« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2017, 07:02:07 am »
According to the garmin master reset instructions (i.e. hold down menu and enter buttons whilst booting etc) it is supposed to "erase all user data".  The master reset has resolved the cadence sensor problem, but it has not erased all my data.  The open source maps, the profiles, and at least some of the files are still there.  Perhaps it did not clear the memory (RAM)?  Perhaps when the batteries run flat I will then loose all my data including the maps?  Perhaps I should have removed the batteries to clear the memory before performing the master reset? (although it does not say this in the garmin instructions)  ???