Author Topic: Edge 1000 course on screen fail after map update  (Read 2321 times)

Jack_P

• It's just dicking about on bikes
    • Cycling hobo
Edge 1000 course on screen fail after map update
« on: 25 July, 2017, 05:34:08 pm »
Can't seem to log onto garmin forums at the moment, and Garmin support have proved useless.

My preferred use is to display courses, or multiple of on screen in different colours and follow the line, not using the navigation option.  having done this for years I now have a problem after the new map update.

Courses no longer show up on screen, in any colour, at any zoom level. after lots of experimentation I found that it worked fine without all the mapping enabled.

i then loaded up an opensource GB map and bingo it now works.  Bloody annoying that i cant use the Europewide garmin map, anyone else noticed this problem or found a way round it. maybe a warning to others, don't update the map.

The new map was loaded onto an SD card, named D4728080A  : yet other image files D4713050A and gmapbmap and the huge gmapprom still remain on the unit.

Jack_P

• It's just dicking about on bikes
    • Cycling hobo
Re: Edge 1000 course on screen fail after map update
« Reply #1 on: 19 September, 2017, 09:36:58 pm »
If any 1000 users are interested the problem returned quickly and persisted in the end by what ever map was used.
Complaining on twitter has born results from Garmin support and we have tracked the problem to the new software update on my unit.

Reverting back to software 9.20 was the only stable return option which has cured the problem 100%, so it was not the mapping at fault as the upgraded map still remains on the SD card.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Edge 1000 course on screen fail after map update
« Reply #2 on: 20 September, 2017, 10:19:17 am »
Good outcome - well done!
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll