Author Topic: [LEL17] Paddington to the start  (Read 5034 times)

Re: Paddington to the start
« Reply #25 on: 26 July, 2017, 02:38:34 pm »
^^^^^ Surely cycling the 7km from Paddington to Liverpool Street would be a better option than lugging the bike around the Tube system?

from the H&C line platforms at the back of the station there are lifts and it's a direct train, and it's a terrible bike ride unless you enjoy shouting at taxi drivers.

« Reply #26 on: 26 July, 2017, 02:49:25 pm »
Anyone else see the thread title and picture a small rotund bear setting off on LeL?

Just me?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #27 on: 26 July, 2017, 02:53:32 pm »
Riding through London really isn't that bad.  Some of us do it daily  ;D  Saturday would have less commercial traffic than a weekday too.
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #29 on: 26 July, 2017, 03:28:37 pm »
Anyone else see the thread title and picture a small rotund bear setting off on LeL?

Just me?

And there was me worrying about the marmalade sandwiches.

« Reply #30 on: 26 July, 2017, 04:03:29 pm »

Just me?

There's no flag for Peru (Darkest or otherwise) on the rider's flag news article.

Though in my experience, rotund bears can be found on most audaxes.

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #31 on: 26 July, 2017, 04:41:17 pm »
^^^^^ Surely cycling the 7km from Paddington to Liverpool Street would be a better option than lugging the bike around the Tube system?

from the H&C line platforms at the back of the station there are lifts and it's a direct train, and it's a terrible bike ride unless you enjoy shouting at taxi drivers.

I enjoy shouting at taxi drivers — it's quite cathartic  :thumbsup:
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #32 on: 26 July, 2017, 05:08:41 pm »

I enjoy shouting at taxi drivers — it's quite cathartic  :thumbsup:

Alternatively, just get Uber-Extra and wave to them as you pass  ;D