Author Topic: Edge 20 out on distances and route!  (Read 1290 times)

Edge 20 out on distances and route!
« on: 13 August, 2017, 06:48:23 pm »
I have a edge 20 and have never used it for navigation before. Set in a route today more to try it as knew the route. It soon became clear it was out on turns. First turn I actually stopped at said turn 127m. I'd then cycle off and it would count down and say to turn. It's up to date as synched computer today so dont really know what to do. Has anyone else encountered this?

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: Edge 20 out on distances and route!
« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2017, 06:56:55 pm »
2 things :

1) What was the source of the 'route' you put in? Tell us in as much detail as possible about how you created it, and sent it to the device.

2) What mapping do you have installed on the device?

« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2017, 08:43:38 pm »
The route was created on Garmin's own program connect + and then there's a little button on screen to send to device. As far as I understand there is no mapping on the device it's purely from GPS. I've heard it referred to as a bread crumb navigation.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #3 on: 14 August, 2017, 08:45:31 am »
Not an Edge user but I would agree that on my Etrex 30 (default settings) it is far too late with its turn warnings, especially at slow speeds such as cycling up hill, and yes occasionally I can reach a turn before the warning kicks in.  On this model the 'off road transition' distance can be tweaked away from the default to add say 30 metres, which helps a bit though it's difficult to find the ideal solution for all speeds.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #4 on: 14 August, 2017, 09:04:39 am »
Wondering now after your comment FF if it's related to the speed you set when creating the route. I ignored that but think was set at 10mph. Might set that faster and see if that helps