Author Topic: what capacity micro SD for Etrex E30x  (Read 2051 times)

what capacity micro SD for Etrex E30x
« on: 19 August, 2017, 10:24:06 am »
Just picked up cheap 2nd hand E30x.  First venture beyond the HCx generation
How big an SD card will it take?
I recall the HCx were a bit 'sensitive' in terms of maximum capacity - and there's nowt in the manual?

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: what capacity micro SD for Etrex E30x
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2017, 11:28:50 am »
I've just checked and mine has a 32GB card in it (actually a lot bigger than I thought and probably overkill). I've not had any problems with it, though I wish there was a way to get the unit to save tracks to the sd card rather than it's own internal memory.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2017, 11:45:52 am »
I think I have a 4GB

« Reply #3 on: 20 August, 2017, 12:23:14 pm »
I've got a 64gb one in it - pointlessly large for my use, but it was cheap.

« Reply #4 on: 03 September, 2017, 07:08:52 pm »
.... though I wish there was a way to get the unit to save tracks to the sd card rather than it's own internal memory.

That's a nuisance...
At least with the HCx you had the option of saving to the SD, two chances of a successful back-up.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 03 September, 2017, 09:55:24 pm »
.... though I wish there was a way to get the unit to save tracks to the sd card rather than it's own internal memory.

That's a nuisance...
At least with the HCx you had the option of saving to the SD, two chances of a successful back-up.

That it couldn't really interact with the version on the card meant it was tired idiot with frozen fingers proof, too.

Which would matter a lot less if a full reset wasn't a couple of clicks away from resetting the trip counters...