Poll

Which Friday works for you? (pick as many as you want)

Friday 6th October 2017
8 (42.1%)
Friday 13th October 2017
4 (21.1%)
Friday 20th October 2017
6 (31.6%)
Can we have a Saturday night instead?
1 (5.3%)
I can't come but I want to vote anyway.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: 22 September, 2017, 11:57:36 pm

Linked Events

• Tan Hill overnighter: 06 October, 2017

Author Topic: Tan Hill overnight in October 2017 - now Friday 6th October  (Read 22849 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Tan Hill overnight in October 2017 - now Friday 6th October
« Reply #175 on: 10 October, 2017, 08:56:19 am »
Just for a moment there I thought I'd blundered into a cheese shop by mistake . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #176 on: 10 October, 2017, 08:57:01 am »
Then I realised there wasn't a bazouki player.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #177 on: 11 October, 2017, 03:44:58 pm »
Stupidly, I was thinking that the weekend of Friday the 15th/Saturday the 16th December would work. It's the weekend closest to my birthday (and others' birthdays!), and the weekend closest to the Solstice. I think it also marks the end of Mr Smith's period of abstinence, but I could have got my dates wrong.

On the downside, the last rider to arrive at the pub would have to be sacrificed to the Gods of Winter.

Bugger, can't make the December date, and I'd say, having looked at it, January [1] is quite tight too.

[1] One reason January is quite tight is down to our Mid-Essex Epiphany Do to which you lovely people from The North are of course invited.  Once, some moons ago, when we still celebrated Christmas, that nice fboab lady graced us her presence.  Her furling Little Black Dress is still remembered with great affection hereabouts.

I believe the Hon Mem is doing the said lady an injustice. I am sure she has graced us with her presence on at least two occasions, once in the Duck at Newny Green and the other at the famed Cougar evening at the Henham Cock. Of course, I might just have been getting over-excited on the latter because I believe it to be the only instance in the past 30 years that someone has persuaded me to display my terpsichorean propensities.

Yes, it was at least twice.  I still have the photos  :demon: