Author Topic: Blade Runner 2049.  (Read 8291 times)

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
Re: Blade Runner 2049.
« Reply #50 on: 11 October, 2017, 09:33:20 pm »
Saw it and liked it.  There were some niggles, but overall I enjoyed it.
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #51 on: 15 October, 2017, 08:11:26 pm »
Friendfacepost:

Little known fact. The new Bladerunner movie was based on a Philip K Dick story entitled "Do Androids Dream of Getting the Last Three Hours of Their Bloody Life Back?".
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #52 on: 22 October, 2017, 04:08:16 pm »
Very very good  :) :thumbsup:

You can certainly point out flaws, so it's not on my "classics" list, but definitely 3 hours* well spent. I do try to spend my rare cinema tenners on stuff that benefits from a big screen and near-deafening sound systems, and this is definitely one. I particularly enjoyed all the longeurs (and the lack of teens in the theatre).

But where was all the orange?? The reviews all promised hours of orange, but it was only one short section. Hrrmph.

*It only took 2.5 to watch, but N insists on sitting down before even the adverts start  :facepalm:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

ian

« Reply #53 on: 23 October, 2017, 01:12:44 pm »
Talking to a bunch of my wife's female friends and then a few work colleagues in recent days, I've established that women simply haven't seen Blade Runner or more importantly don't seem inclined. Holy generalized genderization, Batman. My wife gave part deux a shrugged 'ok' after sleeping through the original. The cinema audience was very male and of a certain age. That's what the nerdogeddon will look like.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #54 on: 23 October, 2017, 01:18:20 pm »
Talking to a bunch of my wife's female friends and then a few work colleagues in recent days, I've established that women simply haven't seen Blade Runner or more importantly don't seem inclined. Holy generalized genderization, Batman. My wife gave part deux a shrugged 'ok' after sleeping through the original. The cinema audience was very male and of a certain age. That's what the nerdogeddon will look like.
.... and clearly it will start in Croydon*.

Our screening had just the one single bloke (who looked about my age  :facepalm: ), but I think the rest of us were all couples.

*where do Croydonians see their films now?? for years, the one at Purley was part of my life - it's flats now, IIRC? I'm guessing there is something huge on the Purley Way by now ....
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #55 on: 23 October, 2017, 02:03:05 pm »
.... and clearly it will start in Croydon*.

Our screening had just the one single bloke (who looked about my age  :facepalm: ), but I think the rest of us were all couples.

*where do Croydonians see their films now?? for years, the one at Purley was part of my life - it's flats now, IIRC? I'm guessing there is something huge on the Purley Way by now ....

There's a Vue in Croydon (called Grants to differentiate with the Vue in Purley).

There's also this:

http://www.davidleancinema.org.uk/

ian

« Reply #56 on: 23 October, 2017, 04:03:26 pm »
There is the usual multiplex on Purley Way (along with obligatory chain restaurants and an audience more interested in their phones than what's showing). And the Vue and David Lean as mention in downtown Croydonia. All the cinemas between Croydon and Redhill have closed over the years.

I only bother with the Imax at Waterloo these days owing to my jaded sense of shock and awe. I need the big telly and loud sound to stop me murdering all the nacho crunchers.

(I don't by-the-by live in Croydon, someone just rather untidily left it in my way.)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #57 on: 23 October, 2017, 04:58:14 pm »
If I lived in Croydon, I'd get on the tram and go to the Curzon in Wimbledon.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ian

« Reply #58 on: 23 October, 2017, 05:04:32 pm »
The tram alone usually provides more than enough entertainment.

« Reply #59 on: 24 November, 2017, 11:58:48 am »
Finally, got to see it. Still showing on the big screen at a few cinemas. While not quite blown away was very absorbed throughout. Still partial to the first one however.