Author Topic: Garmin gsc 10 not being picked up by edge 800  (Read 1382 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Garmin gsc 10 not being picked up by edge 800
« on: 01 January, 2018, 06:54:54 pm »
For some reason it's stopped being seen by either the edge 800 or the fenix. Both will still pick up the separate speed and cadence sensors on the recumbent.

The gsc 10 seems to be working though, as the lights are flashing as expected. I've recently replaced the battery as it had started to lose the connection part way through the ride. Asking the edge to search for it didn't do anything.

Any ideas?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Aushiker

• Cyclist, bushwalker, phottographer (amaturer)
    • Aushiker: Bicycling and Hiking in Western Australia
Re: Garmin gsc 10 not being picked up by edge 800
« Reply #1 on: 01 January, 2018, 10:21:18 pm »
Replace with a new one or better still go magnetless.  Seriously I have a container full of dead Garmin GSC 10 sensors some of which exhibited the same behaviour as yours. Never managed to solve the problem. However more recently I have gone magentless with my sensors, Wahoo in my case and so far all good.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Garmin gsc 10 not being picked up by edge 800
« Reply #2 on: 01 January, 2018, 10:31:26 pm »
Cheers, this is the first one I've had fail. I may even check to see if I have a spare anywhere from a previous bike now sold.   The recumbent has the new separate sensors, accelerometer driven rather than the magnets.

This one is probably getting on for ten years old so has done well, I've even stuck it back together after smashing the case when it got knocked into the spokes
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens