Author Topic: Terry Anderson R.I.P.  (Read 1607 times)

Grandad

• Once upon a time
Terry Anderson R.I.P.
« on: 19 March, 2018, 11:22:04 pm »
From the Time Trialling forum today

It is with deep regret that I notify you that Terry Anderson of the Shaftesbury CC (Bigtel on here) died this morning, he had a stroke last Monday and was put into a coma, unfortunately he did not recover.

Terry was a a huge figure in the London East area for many years, he was the London East Secretary and active member of the LE CTT district committee right up until his stroke, he was also a key figure for the ECCA and many other organisations, if ever I wanted to know a CTT rule or regulation, Terry would be my first port of call.

He truly will be missed, our deepest sympathy goes out to his wife Hazel, family & friends.

RIP Terry

I first met Terry when he joined a group of Fairies riding the sportive version of the Liege-Bastoigne-Liege in 1996. Exchanged greetings at the Henham audaxes many times since.

A really sad loss to the world of cycling.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: Terry Anderson R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2018, 07:38:15 am »
Sad news, RIP Terry and sympathy to his family and friends.

simonp

« Reply #2 on: 28 March, 2018, 03:58:40 pm »
I haven’t done one of the Shaftesbury rides for a while but I always enjoyed them and they were always well organised.

RIP.

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #3 on: 28 March, 2018, 08:08:39 pm »
That's such sad news. :'(

We enjoyed the Ut's rides so much and many others that Terry organised plus I remember him being around always doing things to help make events great since I used to race back in the 1980's

He held a lot of things together for so many years