Author Topic: OsmAnd screen turn off  (Read 2970 times)

Diesel

• or Richard
OsmAnd screen turn off
« on: 02 June, 2016, 04:22:24 pm »
I am trying to use navigation on OsmAnd – big issue I have is that the screen does not turn off after each direction. The app can wake the screen but not turn it off afterwards.

Has anyone else come up against this or found a workaround?

Re: OsmAnd screen turn off
« Reply #1 on: 14 July, 2017, 09:23:14 am »
Yes.
Think the problem started after I set the phone to stay awake (screen on) when charging. Can't remember why I did that but I turned the feature off and the phone returned to normal. Maybe coincidental.
Osmand won't sleep after waking up for turns although it used to. I expect it was updated and screwed up. I've been meaning to reset the phone and reload it all but its such a chore and probably won't work.
A real shame as it's a fantastic app.

Diesel

• or Richard
« Reply #2 on: 14 July, 2017, 09:54:39 am »
Thanks, I gave it a go but without Screen turn off, didn't work for me

Use RidewithGPS now

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #3 on: 14 July, 2017, 10:42:11 am »
There's an option in the navigation settings for "Turn screen on". If you enable this, it should also turn off the screen automatically after directions.

« Reply #4 on: 21 July, 2017, 11:43:14 am »
There's an option in the navigation settings for "Turn screen on". If you enable this, it should also turn off the screen automatically after directions.
Yep but doesn't for me. Used to work. Bloody irritating.

« Reply #5 on: 24 August, 2017, 01:15:54 pm »
I had with problem with RWGPS and I just set my phone display to timeout after 30 seconds.  Then all that happens is the screen is off, the App wakes it up and then it goes off again after 30 seconds enough time to see the direction.