Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146290 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #675 on: 01 October, 2019, 08:09:17 am »
The Inlaw Maw was cleaning out the parrot's cage (which goes to show that dreams are absurd, she never cleaned out a parrot's cage in her puff. The parrot was "hers" but cleaning it out was the Inlaw Paw's job).  The parrot had a go at her hand, so she grabbed it by a wing and threw it on the floor, saying "don't you peck me, you devil".  Parrot squawked and died.

Combination of true memories of the Maw and Peach from Lonesome Dove - something like that.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #676 on: 14 October, 2019, 11:28:19 am »
Had one that spooked me last night! As is usual with me, the narrative is very disjointed.  Started with a woman revealing the image of another naked (dead?) woman on the floor of a room. Someone was at the door, and she wiped away the image. Jump cut to an old-style train compartment (like the Southern slam door ones), and I'm sitting next to the first woman, and I'm holding a cushion - beige corduroy as it happens. She asks me "is it all gone" and I shake the pillow, which emits a discordant string noise (there's something about  being a musician in there somewhere) . I answer "mostly" and turn to her. Her eyes are wide, one has a yellow pupil, the other eye looks like a pencil drawing. I look at the cushion, and it has the face of the other (dead) woman drawn in pencil, with one yellow eye.

At this point I wake, with that feeling of the hairs all over standing on end. Spooky!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #677 on: 15 October, 2019, 11:15:54 pm »
I dreamed that I dreamed that Mrs E and I were staying somewhere we hadn't been before in mid Wales. However, I was convinced that we had been there before, and done all the same things andeaten the same meals. This was puzzling.  Then I realised that I had dreamed our earlier visit and woke feeling relieved to know what had "really" happened.

Then I really woke up...

Nested dreams?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #678 on: 16 October, 2019, 08:55:33 am »
Are you sure you've woken up?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #679 on: 16 October, 2019, 03:58:27 pm »

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #680 on: 30 October, 2019, 02:43:09 pm »
Odd one a couple of nights ago. I had become a rough sleeper by some sort of overnight magic carpet process. I was sleeping in the middle of the road in what looked one of the side streets near here, in bed, with mattress, sheets, duvet, pillows, but the actual bed itself had vanished. I had to get up to move my bed to let a car past. Apart from the mattress, it's probably an accurate omen.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #681 on: 08 November, 2019, 08:41:52 am »
Typical anxiety dream last night, doubtless engendered by a surfeit of tea and coffee:  hanging around before the start of PBP with my old chum Augustin. Went to get us a couple of coffees, but the machine hung fire on the second. There was music playing in the background, something in the style of Champs Elysées but the tune was different and words I could hear ran:

Sending polite regrets,
Pigtails, and cigarettes...

A bloke lounging at a table nearby said "shouldn't you be getting ready?" and I realized I was still in civvies. Went back to our van, climbed in to get to my dunnage and realized halfway that I'd left all my cycling togs at home. Went on searching all the same, while a bunch of scruffy kids appeared and began banging on the windows, plunder aforethought.

Woke up.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #682 on: 07 February, 2020, 07:55:27 am »
Someone had built a sociable, recumbent (or semi-recumbent?), delta trike. A bench seat – literally a wooden bench, taken from an old railway station, judging by its shape and Edwardian chocolate brown colour – wide enough for two adults, with side by side pedals. The steering mechanism was unclear, and in fact the layout might even have morphed from delta to tadpole and back again while it was being ridden. Two men were riding it, one of them was Wowbagger. Then a third came running up behind, jumped over the bench, sat in the middle and started pedalling furiously. He managed to put a lot of extra speed into the machine, which was quite remarkable given he had no pedals. All three were wearing some sort of fur-trimmed robes, like medieval mayors. Then, of course, they crashed.

« Reply #683 on: 20 February, 2020, 05:01:00 pm »
I've had a couple of recursive dreams lately, where I wake from a dream, in a dream.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #684 on: 03 June, 2020, 01:45:46 pm »
Last night's featured a novel storage medium, in the form of a giant VHS-style cassette where each spool was a stack of DVDs[1] in a jukebox arrangement.  I expect Techmoan will be doing a video about it in due course.

[1] My subconscious evidently hasn't got the hang of Blu-ray.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #685 on: 11 August, 2020, 03:31:32 pm »
Two slightly different dreams last night. In the first, I'd parked a car for a few minutes. It was my car in the dream, but it didn't properly resemble any car I had ever owned. Anyway, it got stolen.

In the second dream someone stole my bicycle. Again, I'm not sure that the bicycle in question actually resembled mine.

It dawned on me when I woke up that the second dream was far more traumatic than the first, which I suppose is how it should be.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #686 on: 30 August, 2020, 08:07:12 pm »
I don't know if we already have a thread for this; if so, please amalgamate.

It is for weird dreams and, if people feel daft enough, "interpretations". I had a really, really odd one a couple of days ago, while sleeping in the afternoon pre-night shift.

I had set off on my bike with a full camping load, and for some reason that involved going to my former spousal home in Horley. My ex-wife was ironing vast quantities of clothing, having set up a frame tent on the grassy area across the road, supplied by an extension cable. I had to climb over a shop-style counter to get to her, but she looked like my friend Emma, and had grown to about six foot six tall.

I came out of the ironing place to find my bike gone, but the tent and sleeping bag left behind, so I went walkabout to look for my bike, turning the corner and emerging onto Buckingham Palace Road in London. There was a family, Mam/Dad/Lad, trying to sort out hire bikes, which were actually tadpole trikes, in red, with no sprockets/pedals. I tried to assemble the boy's, which involved folding it in half, and the family took me to the hire centre, which was somebody's bedroom. There were pedal/sprocket assemblies in the wardrobe, so I wheeled the trikes next to the bed and started  attaching drive trains.

There followed a really detailed bit of dream about grub screws and plastic caps, but nowhere did a chain feature. Screwdrivers were in a toothbrush holder in the en-suite bathroom. Partway through, the occupant of the bedroom turned up, who was my old mandolin tutor Stuart. He showed me two large flat screen TV's he wanted me to take, and we disassembled them by taking off the screens, which rolled up like rugs, to reveal five planks laid side by side that formed the stiffening for each TV. We discussed whether the screens should be rolled around the two bundles of planks.

We rolled up the two screens, and attached a bundle of planks to each one, which we strapped to the rack of my bike, which had appeared on the street outside the bedroom... and that was it.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #687 on: 30 August, 2020, 08:23:16 pm »

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #688 on: 31 August, 2020, 05:31:49 am »
Ta!

Mods, can you merge please?
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #689 on: 31 August, 2020, 10:15:40 am »
The details are fading but last night's Harry Potter/Star Wars crossover/mash up dream was a ridiculous amount of fun.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

The Movers

• We just work here
« Reply #690 on: 31 August, 2020, 06:56:12 pm »
Merged. Any risk of a cuppa?

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #691 on: 31 August, 2020, 07:11:19 pm »
In your dreams?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #692 on: 04 October, 2020, 12:58:55 pm »
Not mine, my son's just told me he had a definitely weird dream last night. He was on a plane with some of his friends and the plane was going to crash unless he could explain to the them the endgoal of communism in 30 seconds. "The ultimate endgoal of communism is a stateless, classless society in which one produces what they can takes what they need" was the sentence he came up with. And the plane stayed aloft.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #693 on: 18 January, 2021, 03:24:28 pm »
Last night. I had driven somewhere for a cycling event and was looking for a changing room.  The first one I found turned out to be the ladies' loo, whence I was chased with a rather raucous chorus. Next one I tried was the gents', which was full of blokes sitting shoulder to shoulder on the step up to the old-style L-shaped-wall'n'gutter urinal. "Full up!" so I left. Now my togs were supposedly in a big supermarket bag I was carrying, but when I looked down I found that the bag actually was my shorts, and they contained nothing but a couple of spare chain links and a receipt from the supermarket. "Shit, I've left them in the car" so I glided down two flights of stairs (dunno how I got upstairs to start with) over everyone else's heads and out into the crowded foyer.  As I got there, a giant cartoonish elephant, biscuity brown and 10 times life-size, popped up out of the river (there's a river????), bobbed up and down like a fishing float for a moment then plopped forward onto all fours and began walking ashore, towards us. Ditto that giant hippo and oh shit there's a great big tiger and a water buffalo...

At that point I woke up. Shame.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #694 on: 21 January, 2021, 12:59:24 am »
Odd one last night.
Went outside (it was night time) and there were loads of people outside. It was quite bright and people were talking about this. It was a full moon, except when I looked at the moon it was actually just like the earth, with clear blue sea and land masses. Then someone said it was getting closer, and sure enough it was. I was thinking about how not having a moon would affect the weather and tides, when it became clear it was going to hit earth. It passed below the horizon, very close, and then we watched it on big screens, fed from satellites, as it smashed into the Southern Hemisphere. A period of calm before all hell broke loose and waves smashed all the buildings then I woke up.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #695 on: 21 January, 2021, 07:31:29 am »
And the motto of that is always go for a pee before bedtime

« Reply #696 on: 21 January, 2021, 09:20:46 am »
In the process of setting up a Raspberry Pi yesterday evening I watched about a minute of Stranger Things.

Every dream that I can recall anything from last night revolved around the show and the characters. Very odd.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #697 on: 21 January, 2021, 07:33:46 pm »
Odd one last night.
Went outside (it was night time) and there were loads of people outside. It was quite bright and people were talking about this. It was a full moon, except when I looked at the moon it was actually just like the earth, with clear blue sea and land masses. Then someone said it was getting closer, and sure enough it was. I was thinking about how not having a moon would affect the weather and tides, when it became clear it was going to hit earth. It passed below the horizon, very close, and then we watched it on big screens, fed from satellites, as it smashed into the Southern Hemisphere. A period of calm before all hell broke loose and waves smashed all the buildings then I woke up.

What you don't realise is that you were occupying a 2 dimensional plane that was in collision with another 2 dimensional plane. As a result you were brought into existence in a different universe, an event you have rationalised as 'waking up'. In what may or may not be called reality, you had a lucky escape.
Move Faster and Bake Things

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #698 on: 21 January, 2021, 09:21:41 pm »
A dream last night that this morning had me trying to find pictures of the back of a fire tender to establish what was visible from that perspective.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #699 on: 21 January, 2021, 10:28:44 pm »
I was walking through a large wood, which was part managed, with fire roads and neat rectangular plots, and part wild. It was late spring or early summer. Then suddenly I was emerging from a small tunnel, just large enough to crawl out of. I was in a field at the bottom of a very steep, almost vertical, bank. At the top of the bank was a fence and beyond that another field. Two horses ran from the other field to the fence. A dark one jumped over the fence and landed on the almost vertical bank. I thought it would fall and was scared it would break its legs, but it landed and just stood there looking down at me, clinging to the bank by its hooves like an equine spider-man. The other horse, which was pale, found a way round the bank and came right up to me where I lay with my head and shoulders out of the tunnel. I thought they would both trample me but they just stared at me.

These were obviously two of the four horses of the apocalypse (no idea where the riders were) and put together with Jaded's world-crashing dream, these must be a great omen of doom. Or maybe not.