Author Topic: 18650 charger recommendation?  (Read 1765 times)

18650 charger recommendation?
« on: 21 December, 2012, 06:13:43 pm »
My XML-T6 torch (18650 powered) is mis-behaving (won't stay on anything but flashing or very low power) on either of the two batteries I have for it.
I think it's symptomatic of the batteries being run down.   Put them on the charger but the LED never seems to change from red (charging) to green (charging complete).... nor ddo the cells get at all warm.   As I think it's unlikely both cells have failed in the same way at one & the same time, my suspicions are on the charger.
All this kit was bought over a year ago from Torchy (ebay seller big_f_d_d), so all Chinese, but seemingly all checked out by someone who knows what they about.
I sent him a message a few days ago via ebay, but no reply, and has he doesnt seem to be replenishing his stock these days he seems to be "off-line" in some manner.
Anyway ... my first thought is to spend a small number of £ on a new charger to try and resurrect the cells.  Any recommendations?   Or other thoughts?

Re: 18650 charger recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: 21 December, 2012, 06:43:09 pm »
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: 21 December, 2012, 07:04:21 pm »
hi,

I recently purchased one of these: http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/batteries/intellicharge-i4.html

Works OK recharging my 18650s; AW 3000mAh  and an EAGTAC 3400mAh. It can recharge Ni-Cads and Ni-MH as well.

Hillbilly

« Reply #3 on: 22 December, 2012, 09:11:16 am »
I bought a trustfire one off of a UK shop sit on ebay, run by user big_f_d_d. He also goes by the name "Torchy the Battery Boy".  He's a knowledgable chap (link below to his rather useful website...)

http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com

The charger does the job.  Doesn't do the range of batteries listed in Jeff's post, but I already had a more general charger.

« Reply #4 on: 28 March, 2013, 08:33:26 pm »
Any updates on all of this? I'm thinking of 2 3100 mAh from Torchyboy above, but I'm not sure about a charger. The best is supposedly a Pila IBC but at £40 that's bit spendy. On the other hand, I'm a bit wary of all this talk of splodey chargers and 18650 cells.