Author Topic: Any Bryton 50 users here?  (Read 1421 times)

PeteT

Any Bryton 50 users here?
« on: 03 September, 2011, 08:16:33 pm »
If so - hello! I've just taken posession of one of these, and being a complete IT dimwit (some might say just a dimwit...) I'd really appreciate a shoulder or two to cry on if I hit problems. (I'm aware of the Brytongps.com site, but sometimes  there may be a basic problem that isn't on there).

Thank you in advance

Re: Any Bryton 50 users here?
« Reply #1 on: 03 September, 2011, 10:18:49 pm »
I have had my Bryton 50 for about 3 weeks and I am also an IT dullard so will follow any threads on this with interest. I have a query for anyone who might look at this thread. I am looking at buying an ancillary power source to extend the Bryton use on longer audaxes and had settled on a Tecknet. However, I have just realised that the Bryton mount obscures the power port. Does anyone have any ideas on robust alternatives to the original mount that may fit the Bryton for the longer rides?
Many thanks for any thoughts.
ps Sorry to hijack original thread.

Re: Any Bryton 50 users here?
« Reply #2 on: 06 September, 2011, 02:35:50 pm »
When I was looking around some month back, the brytongps.com forum seemed to be the main useful source. Tho' the manufacturer's website has more info than it used to - in the FAQs, and Customer Support were quite responsive. (see that mount thread for some info, btw)