Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896476 times)

rr

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #2075 on: 18 October, 2016, 06:52:13 pm »
Normal for Canvey and Norfolk, I love how the mirror added his brexit campaigning too.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2076 on: 18 October, 2016, 06:58:45 pm »
He makes a good point though...why is there VAT on bumwad?  I mean, you *could* try and use an old newspaper but, take it from me, it doesn't work.  Or you could be hardcore like some Middle Eastern people and use your left hand, but I don't think our work cubicles are really designed for that, as the washbasins are outside and you'd have to pull up your trousers with beshitted fingers  :hand:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/glenn-parkes-say-toilet-roll-luxury-problem-vat/story-22248220-detail/story.html
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2077 on: 18 October, 2016, 07:44:49 pm »
There is VAT on most 'hygiene' products: soap. tissues, loo rolls, laundry detergent, loo cleaner. That's not fair either but multiple wrongs do not a right make.

[OT] Bottled water is taxed but milk and milk drinks like Frijj are not.
Salted peanuts are taxed etc etc

« Reply #2078 on: 18 October, 2016, 08:29:48 pm »
Will we now see VAT scrapped following Brexit and go back to purchase tax et al?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

rogerzilla

« Reply #2079 on: 18 October, 2016, 08:34:09 pm »
No VAT on Frijj?  Those bloody audaxers have too much power

« Reply #2080 on: 18 October, 2016, 08:35:47 pm »
It will no doubt be an exercise in obfuscation whereby luxury goods are no longer taxed but everyday necessities will undoubtedly become subject to punitive purchase tax. 

ian

« Reply #2081 on: 18 October, 2016, 09:24:21 pm »
(Presumably) sexually active teenage boy displays educational FAILURE and power of social media.

People would be less flabbergasted if he were a YOUNG teen but at 19, this DOES show shocking ignorance.

Not really, sadly. I meant to post in the 'overheard' thread but I was on the train the other week and two girls – they must have been post-school age/late teens – were loudly discussing their periods. Hey, I'm a man of the world, I can handle mentions of a Lady's Cursed Season, but the discussion seemed to orientate around the fact that one of them believed she couldn't get pregnant because periods meant that 'any babies came out' and the other one believed that it happened 'because you're not pregnant'. I had to restrain my wife from giving an impromptu birds-n-bees talk. Is there any actual sex education in the UK? It was an embarrassed mumble at our school. Boys and girls were separated and given that talk by teachers who'd wanted to be somewhere else. Possibly another planet.

I, on the other hand, learned everything I needed to know about female anatomy from the Ladybird Your Body book. Admittedly it took me another twenty years of staring at women with my head tipped to one side trying to figure out where their fallopian tubes might be. Those diagrams turned out to be very cryptic.

rogerzilla

« Reply #2082 on: 18 October, 2016, 09:37:47 pm »
AIUI sex education these days skirts around the plumbing aspects and just talks about the dangers of VD and Snapchat.  It's not surprising that the young 'uns get it all from pr0n instead, and think bukkake moresomes are a fairly normal end to an evening.

« Reply #2083 on: 18 October, 2016, 10:49:40 pm »
Will we now see VAT scrapped following Brexit and go back to purchase tax et al?
No more than in Australia (where they call it GST), Brazil, China, or the many other non-EU countries that have introduced it. Issa very popular tax with tax collectors & economists, because it's relatively cheap to collect & hard to evade, & considered to be less economically distorting than many other taxes.

Most of the non-USian world has VAT.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

rr

« Reply #2084 on: 18 October, 2016, 11:11:18 pm »
AIUI sex education these days skirts around the plumbing aspects and just talks about the dangers of VD and Snapchat.  It's not surprising that the young 'uns get it all from pr0n instead, and think bukkake moresomes are a fairly normal end to an evening.

The young women of the R family have had very comprehensive sex ed at school, to the point where mini enlightened Mrs R about the need for maintenance if indulging in anal sex.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2085 on: 19 October, 2016, 01:57:45 am »
No more than in Australia (where they call it GST), Brazil, China, or the many other non-EU countries that have introduced it. Issa very popular tax with tax collectors & economists, because it's relatively cheap to collect & hard to evade, & considered to be less economically distorting than many other taxes.

Most of the non-USian world has VAT.

Most of USAnia has state sales tax too, and the price writted on the shelf isn't the amount you fork over at the till.  Which is highly confusing to itinerant BRITONS.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2086 on: 19 October, 2016, 11:31:57 am »
And it varies state to state.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2087 on: 19 October, 2016, 12:19:25 pm »

I remember my biology teacher when I was in what is now year 8 (i.e. aged 11) attempting to teach us human reproduction.  He got through the bit about males producing sperm and them exiting via the penis. He then moved on to females producing eggs that hung around waiting to be fertilised. I guess he assumed that (on the grounds that at least one of the kids in the class lived on a farm) that we all knew how the former came in to contact with the latter.  As a very naive boy from a family that was pretty uptight about sex, I spent most of that school year assuming that, somehow, they jumped.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2088 on: 19 October, 2016, 01:47:09 pm »
Back to Super-Twats:

I nominate David Davies MP for his understanding of dental science in the service of bigotry.
Getting there...

benborp

• benbravoorpapa
« Reply #2089 on: 19 October, 2016, 02:21:44 pm »
I second that, especially as he backs up his lack of understanding of dental science with a demonstration of his lack of knowledge on bone age to the same ends.

"Inaccurate, inappropriate and unethical." said a Home Office spokesperson, "Stop paying attention to anything these twats say." I wish they had continued.

A world of bedlam trapped inside a small cyclist.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2090 on: 19 October, 2016, 03:54:13 pm »
This is, of course, the same D Davies who told the governor of the Bank of England that when it came to monetary policy he had to do whatever Teresa May told him.

(Erm, the Bank has been able to make independent decisions on monetary policy since 1997, I believe, and, in any case, is accountable to the Chancellor.)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

ian

« Reply #2091 on: 19 October, 2016, 05:37:48 pm »
And it varies state to state.

And, in some cases, city to city.

« Reply #2092 on: 25 October, 2016, 08:26:04 pm »
Gove. Again.

« Reply #2093 on: 25 October, 2016, 11:13:16 pm »
Yeah. Trying to weasel his way back into favour with those now running the party. Ooozing insincerity. Slimy git.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2094 on: 25 October, 2016, 11:35:50 pm »
Slithey.

benborp

• benbravoorpapa
« Reply #2095 on: 25 October, 2016, 11:58:05 pm »
slubbergubby gollumgove?
A world of bedlam trapped inside a small cyclist.

rogerzilla

« Reply #2096 on: 26 October, 2016, 08:33:17 am »
What's it thinking behind its glasseses?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2097 on: 31 October, 2016, 07:27:08 am »
Norman fucking Tebbit

Why is he even still a thing?
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2098 on: 31 October, 2016, 11:16:54 am »
Because it's too dangerous to get close enough to put a stake through his black, undead heart.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rogerzilla

« Reply #2099 on: 31 October, 2016, 05:22:06 pm »
He discovered the Internet, probably after sending off for one of those Which? free guides that tell poisonous old fossils how to get online.