Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896379 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #2425 on: 03 April, 2017, 08:54:40 am »
Whichever hypocritical scumbag chose today's Daily Hate headline & front page story.

Asylum seekers attacked in the street? Outrageous, what's happened to our friendly, welcoming society?

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #2426 on: 03 April, 2017, 12:41:59 pm »
They voted for insular, isolationist propaganda.

Because: Fuckwits
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #2427 on: 03 April, 2017, 01:00:17 pm »
Whichever hypocritical scumbag chose today's Daily Hate headline & front page story.

Asylum seekers attacked in the street? Outrageous, what's happened to our friendly, welcoming society?

The irony is not lost given the track record of the Daily Hate and many of it's overrated and overpaid regular columnists.

I wonder what Hopkins might have had to say on the matter.   I recall gunships and wristbands...   

Actually scrub that.   I don't need vile and bigoted hatred in my life.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2428 on: 03 April, 2017, 09:02:46 pm »
Michael Howard, who seems to have forgotten that we don't really have a navy any more, and the Spanish are not the pantomime villains that the Argies were in 1982.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

rr

« Reply #2429 on: 05 April, 2017, 08:15:15 am »
Liam Fox and T May, if toadying up to murderers is getting our country back I don't want it.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2430 on: 05 April, 2017, 09:12:31 am »
Liam Fox and T May, if toadying up to murderers is getting our country back I don't want it.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

T May: Top tip, if you're discussing the morality of selling arms to regimes with dodgy human rights records, it's probably best not to use terms such as "standing on the sidelines and sniping".
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

ian

« Reply #2431 on: 06 April, 2017, 10:07:00 am »
I confess that I've never really understood why 'segregating' a substantial portion of your population based on skill colour is bad and rightly worthy of trade bans and sanctions but if you do the same on the basis of their sex, it's a-ok let's a do a trade deal. What, you're the world's leading supporter of terrorism and exporter of violence too? Excellent work, want some bombs to go with that? Makes me proud.

In other news, I had the misfortune of hearing parents whine on the radiogram because they can't get cheap holidays by pulling their kids out of school during term time. Bunch of twats.

« Reply #2432 on: 06 April, 2017, 10:30:01 am »
In other news, I had the misfortune of hearing parents whine on the radiogram because they can't get cheap holidays by pulling their kids out of school during term time. Bunch of twats.
There are legitimate reasons for doing that. I have a colleague whose son is autistic. He can't cope with crowds. They want a family holiday, so want to go out of season. School special needs department agrees that's a legitimate reason for going during term time but it isn't listed as a valid reason according to Ed depart. So family will be sanctioned if they go on holiday.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ian

« Reply #2433 on: 06 April, 2017, 10:43:15 am »
That's an edge-case though. These were people who wanted to save a couple grand on Disneyland and whaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh it's so unfair. That petulant bone-drill of a whine that many people these days emit when they're told they can't do something. Just fucking deal with it.

We never had holidays as kids so it was moot. Occasional day trip to Skegness and my grandparents once took me to Blackpool. Oh, and my aunt lived in Cleethorpes. Now that was seriously exotic. The Grimsby Riviera.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2434 on: 06 April, 2017, 01:36:05 pm »
I got pulled out of school for a week to go to Disney World when I was, erm, 9.  Things were different in those days, and my dad had a rare opportunity to be paid[1] to go to a conference in Miami (where he discovered laboratory robots and gunshot wounds and that USAnian health care worked like a third-world country).  Anyway, once we'd done the token being-groped-by-Mickey-Mouse stuff, EPCOT was awesome, and then there was the real reason I came: the Kennedy Space Center (they vetoed my suggestion of skipping another week of school in order to see a shuttle launch, bastards).  All in, about three orders of magnitude more educational than school, which is why this sort of thing should be banned with no exceptions[2].

But whining about it on the radio is like complaining that your luxury apartment is in the wrong area code.  There's no way to not come across as an entitled cockwomble.

[1] Would anyone go to Miami without being paid?
[2] Personally, I think some sort of quota would be more reasonable.  So you can take advantage of those rare opportunities, but stop people from repeatedly taking the piss.

« Reply #2435 on: 06 April, 2017, 01:52:03 pm »
I do wish that the whining May would concentrate on the significant state matters in hand rather than pass wind, er I mean comment on every little matter.   Perhaps she is trying to appear stateswomanlike but she is making herself look like a fool imo.

I also think that the state should not be backing up incalcitrant head teachers or whining parents and that the court have got is spectacularly wrong.   There should be an acceptable measure of what is reasonable attendance, not a subjective measure which the court has now allowed to exist.   Draconian.

I am disappointed with Hale. 

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #2436 on: 06 April, 2017, 02:18:51 pm »
I do wish that the whining May would concentrate on the significant state matters in hand rather than pass wind, er I mean comment on every little matter.   Perhaps she is trying to appear stateswomanlike...

Or perhaps she's trying to distract us from what's really going on [/world-weary cynic]
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

ian

« Reply #2437 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:03:51 pm »
It's less, to be honest, the actuality. I don't have kids and I don't much care as to the ins and outs of other peoples' kids time off during term time. I'm certainly fine with the concept of a once-in-a-lifetime experience being probably better than sitting in a classroom and I don't think an eight-year-old missing a couple of weeks of school will stop them becoming a brain surgeon for NASA. But given that everyone goes on holiday these days, I can see a point where it becomes disruptive and the majority of these holidays aren't life-changers, it's fish and chips on the Costa. Kids get plenty of time off. The holidays are more expensive during these periods. Deal with it. Either pony up the cash or go somewhere cheaper.

It's more that aspirated whine of entitlement. Bwaaaaaaaaah! That Farage-esque homunculus that withers inside these people. Every teeny nibble at their entitled worldview becomes an attack on their fundamental inalienable rights. How dare they! It's the same noise that emits from people when challenged over their parking for their oversized car etc. Bwaaaaaaaaah! The chap on the radio could have paid a £60 fine but, oh no, that foul little homunculus squeezes yet another BWAAAAAAAH out of his mouth.

Personally, I think when these overly-entitled pieces of shit start to shriek like angry kettles about their rights, we should just exercise our right to tell them to fuck off. I'd have love it if the Supreme Court had simply said 'having been forced to listen to your tedious arguments for an entire ten minutes, myself and my learned colleagues have hereby determined that you should fuck off. Shut up and fuck off. And take your fucking whiny kids too. Fuck the fuck off to fucked off land.' (And for the record, this is how I think judges should speak.)

If you know better about educating your kids and the think the rules don't apply to you, go educate them yourself. I can save some dosh on my council tax.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2438 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:09:55 pm »
^ POTD
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #2439 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:12:36 pm »
I was about to post a bit of 'I kind of support the parents a bit here as there is a point where the government can fuck off telling us what to do'

.. I still think that a little (and I may still be a teeny bit jealous of never having had a term time holiday because my Mum was a teacher  :( )

... but given Ian's post above - yeah - I'm with you there - I am persuaded.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #2440 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:14:33 pm »
^ POTD

It's a bit of a shame posts here can't go viral really isn't it
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2441 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:30:38 pm »
I was about to post a bit of 'I kind of support the parents a bit here as there is a point where the government can fuck off telling us what to do'

I can't help feeling that the whole business tells us more about the smallness of Jon Platt's mind than it does about the education system.

Dammit, if I took my kids out of school during term time, I'd be more than happy to make a £60 contribution to the Teachers' Gin Fund seeing as I'd probably be saving considerably more than that on the cost of flights.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #2442 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:41:35 pm »
I think in reality it tells us an awful lot about the small mindedness of all involved.

However, Mr. Platt has, just like all of us, a right to access to justice.   He certainly got access to the justice system but whether he got justice or not really depends upon your point of view.   

ian

« Reply #2443 on: 06 April, 2017, 04:49:15 pm »
I suppose what also narks me is the fact that many children around the world – a majority I'm sure – don't get access to a good education. Many get access to no education.

And we're whining about taking our kids out of that precious education for what in most cases is a nothing more than a crappy holiday filled with sunburn and family arguments.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2444 on: 06 April, 2017, 06:45:31 pm »
Meanwhile, not content with dribbling on about the Easteregggate non-scandal, Theresa Mayssolini is now sticking her neb into the internal business of the Labour Party with more unfounded nonse about Ken Leninspart, the big twatty twatter.  Mrs Mayssolini, that is, not Ken.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2445 on: 06 April, 2017, 08:22:12 pm »
I confess to taking my kids out of school for the last week of term, once.
My dad had terminal cancer (one of the types that ain't going to get better but you get well spurts). He was having a well spurt for a few months. If we went during that period, they would get to see him (he lived in Australia) and it wouldn't disrupt study for GCSE exams in the following term. So we skipped school for the last week of term, went to Australia and got married out there.
The school said "Seems like good reason and timing to us".
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2446 on: 16 April, 2017, 08:03:49 am »
Father Tessa Mayssolini talking utter bollox about the nation coming together and the opportunities brexit will bring.

No doubt for the rich Tessa, no doubt.   

This PM concentrates on the drivel rather than the serious business.   She has many underlings to do drivel leaving the big stuff for her.   Perhaps she is a control freak.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2447 on: 16 April, 2017, 08:32:35 am »
Tess of the d'Underheads
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2448 on: 16 April, 2017, 09:16:56 am »
She is approaching the irritatingness of Thatcher. She's right up there with the condescendingness.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #2449 on: 16 April, 2017, 12:42:08 pm »
The current private eye headline regarding the UK joining a future single market is most amusing. I hope that these politicians understand group think.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain