Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896374 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #5575 on: 04 May, 2022, 11:13:57 am »
"You’ll all suffer, but the people you hate will suffer a tiny little bit more”.

Not mine, but a reasonably good explanation for why people vote Tory despite all this shit. Or "the economy", which is just wrong if you look at historical performance.  If you discount the 2008 crash (caused by the American subprime credit crunch), Labour are quite a lot better.  Otherwise, they are on a par for growth, and better for stability and jobs.

This is the theory of cake*. If you offer someone a cake. An entire cake. Their favourite flavour. With sprinkles. It's even magic cake that doesn't make them fat. There's one caveat, in order to receive the cake, they must give a quarter of that cake to someone else. Sounds good.

Many people, will quite reasonably, be pleased with this offer. They get three-quarters of a splendid cake for free. They might even feel good that someone less fortunate is getting a quarter.

But there are others. Sure, they want cake. But share? Especially with someone less worthwhile than themselves. They want the entire cake, all four quarters. You can point out that by being unwilling to share they will get no cake. They will stomp their feet and say no, no cake then. Then they'll complain about the unfairness, that they couldn't have any cake, and that everyone else got cake but them.

*proper psychologists may not have used cake. Jumbo sausage rolls, perhaps.

Is there a proper name for this? Sounds very plausible. Explains all sorts of human idiocy.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5576 on: 04 May, 2022, 11:30:50 am »
"You’ll all suffer, but the people you hate will suffer a tiny little bit more”.

Not mine, but a reasonably good explanation for why people vote Tory despite all this shit. Or "the economy", which is just wrong if you look at historical performance.  If you discount the 2008 crash (caused by the American subprime credit crunch), Labour are quite a lot better.  Otherwise, they are on a par for growth, and better for stability and jobs.

This is the theory of cake*. If you offer someone a cake. An entire cake. Their favourite flavour. With sprinkles. It's even magic cake that doesn't make them fat. There's one caveat, in order to receive the cake, they must give a quarter of that cake to someone else. Sounds good.

Many people, will quite reasonably, be pleased with this offer. They get three-quarters of a splendid cake for free. They might even feel good that someone less fortunate is getting a quarter.

But there are others. Sure, they want cake. But share? Especially with someone less worthwhile than themselves. They want the entire cake, all four quarters. You can point out that by being unwilling to share they will get no cake. They will stomp their feet and say no, no cake then. Then they'll complain about the unfairness, that they couldn't have any cake, and that everyone else got cake but them.

*proper psychologists may not have used cake. Jumbo sausage rolls, perhaps.

Is there a proper name for this? Sounds very plausible. Explains all sorts of human idiocy.

Toryism?

<g,d&r>
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #5577 on: 04 May, 2022, 11:45:37 am »
I've no idea, I might have just invented it, but honestly, it sounds a bit too clever to me so I'm going to credit someone else.

Yes, less worthwhile versus less fortunate is purposeful, it's how we are nudged to perceive the less fortunate as somehow morally undeserving. The should-have-tried-harder, the shirkers, the skivers, the foreigns. They're not people like you.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5578 on: 04 May, 2022, 06:30:57 pm »
An unwelcome return to the Twatheon for George “Useless” Eustice.  When TV's Kay Burley noted that Bloody Stupid Johnson's claim to have introduced the Freedom Pass was based on a thick and squelchy bed of Lie, Useless retorted that the notorious lying liar “will know better than any of us what he might have done when he was London mayor”.

You might very well think that, Useless, but knowing what he did and telling the truth about it are two entirely different things.  What a twat.

« Reply #5579 on: 04 May, 2022, 07:19:25 pm »
And to think that porky pie told her that he was honest.  🤔

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5580 on: 04 May, 2022, 08:09:47 pm »
An unwelcome return to the Twatheon for George “Useless” Eustice.  When TV's Kay Burley noted that Bloody Stupid Johnson's claim to have introduced the Freedom Pass was based on a thick and squelchy bed of Lie, Useless retorted that the notorious lying liar “will know better than any of us what he might have done when he was London mayor”.

You might very well think that, Useless, but knowing what he did and telling the truth about it are to entirely different things.  What a twat.

I really think TV companies should stop broadcasting any Johnson interviews live and check them for accuracy before they go out - and either remove the lies or insert editorial comments to point out that they are lies.

Pointing out the lies in later interviews is shutting the stable door somewhat too late.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #5581 on: 04 May, 2022, 08:19:20 pm »
If the interviewers were properly prepared they could call out the lies as they are spouted.  One suspects that this was explicitly forbidden by Herr jackass himself.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5582 on: 04 May, 2022, 08:52:18 pm »
If the interviewers were properly prepared they could call out the lies as they are spouted.  One suspects that this was explicitly forbidden by Herr jackass himself.
I don’t think you can blame the interviewers - he’s so unpredictable, there’s no way of knowing what he’s going to say and it’s impossible to fact-check every statement on the fly.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #5583 on: 07 May, 2022, 09:44:04 am »
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5584 on: 07 May, 2022, 10:17:52 am »
Top chap, that John Crace.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5585 on: 07 May, 2022, 11:19:49 am »
Top chap, that John Crace.
hes the chap who is now referring to BSJ as the convict.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5586 on: 07 May, 2022, 02:14:14 pm »
Professor Larrington, shameless #MediaTart that she be, had dinner with him once, at a literary festival in Gibraltar :D

« Reply #5587 on: 07 May, 2022, 08:04:50 pm »
John Crace and Marina Hyde are compulsory reading in my house.

Hyde in her column on Friday:-
"Calling an election when you won an 80-seat majority not much more than two years ago feels like the equivalent of having a baby to keep your marriage together. A baby with your wife, I mean, not some art consultant or heavily injuncted Jane Doe".

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5588 on: 09 May, 2022, 06:25:34 pm »
In what amounts to a straight flush of Super-Twats James Delingpole has written an article in “The Super-Twat Gazette Spectator” in which he notes:

Quote from: A Fucking Idiot
In fact, what Watson1, Meechan2, Benjamin3 and their ilk are saying is eminently reasonable, well thought through, logical and compelling.

O RLY, Jimbo?.  If that is your idea of “reasonable, well thought through, logical and compelling” then you have confirmed what has long been suspected, viz. you're a cunt.

1: Paul Joseph Watson, the Battersea Basement Boi and InfoWars patsy
2: aka Count WDankula
3: aka Sardine of Yakult Sargon of Akkad

« Reply #5589 on: 10 May, 2022, 08:21:10 am »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5590 on: 10 May, 2022, 09:42:15 am »
How much of a twat do you have to be to get excited about having to queue to have Victorian-era technology applied to your passport (which is not blue)?

« Reply #5591 on: 10 May, 2022, 09:52:07 am »
Fabricunt. https://twitter.com/mike_fabricant/status/1523735821551308800
I wish I hadn't looked at that tweet. The other tweets below are really foul. Apparently, Starmer is trying to influence the police investigation by saying he'll resign if issued a fine.

Their cognitive dissonance is incredible.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #5592 on: 10 May, 2022, 10:13:32 am »
I nominate the daily hate and all of its politically motivated contributors as a swarm of super twats.

Durham police having been pressured for a week or more by mouthy super twat tories and the daily hate have the unenviable position of deciding that Sir K is guilty where Scummings was not.  And poor bozo has to have his dire lack of integrity once more scrubbed and rinsed in public on a daily basis. 

Partygate rumbles on.  I hope that piggy is grateful to the daily hate.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5593 on: 10 May, 2022, 03:35:52 pm »
Desperate Dan Wootton, of Gammon BroadcastingTM fame notoriety has compared Sir Keeves with…

…Richard Nixon.  Well, we already knew Wootton was a Super-Twat.

« Reply #5594 on: 10 May, 2022, 06:29:28 pm »
Alan Sugar who has branded staff at accountancy firm PWC lazy gits as they are being offered more relaxed working conditions. No doubt Lord Sugar hates Bob Cratchett.

diapsaon0

• Advena ego sum in terra
« Reply #5595 on: 10 May, 2022, 08:19:16 pm »
Desperate Dan Wootton, of Gammon BroadcastingTM fame notoriety has compared Sir Keeves with…

…Richard Nixon.  Well, we already knew Wootton was a Super-Twat.

That would appear to be a monstrous slur against the memory of Tricky  Dickey
Advena ego sum in Terra

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5596 on: 10 May, 2022, 11:51:23 pm »

« Reply #5597 on: 11 May, 2022, 05:31:13 pm »
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5598 on: 11 May, 2022, 05:51:19 pm »
Lee Anderson in “Still A Moron” shocker!

« Reply #5599 on: 11 May, 2022, 06:04:16 pm »
Westminster Village idiot Andrew Bridgen excels himself; asks why Metropolitan Police aren’t investigating Sir Keeves' alleged wrongdoing 300 miles from their manor :facepalm:

Reminds me of a chap I knew when I was a lad who said, "hey, if this George Best is so good, how come he isn't playing for England?"