Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896555 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #6775 on: 10 January, 2024, 09:24:59 am »
I think the good Lord spoiled a good arsehole when he put teeth in that, just a shame he forgot to put a brain in at the same time

A

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6776 on: 10 January, 2024, 08:50:45 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-67932569

Whoever runs Brewdog, a company that already has "issues" with the way it treats people.  It's put me off buying any of their products, even if most of them didn't taste like Zoflora.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

ian

« Reply #6777 on: 10 January, 2024, 09:01:32 pm »
My grandfathers were both in reserved occupations (factory and docks) but Joey Barton can still FOAD  ;)

Mine were miners, so escaped the nasty tussling side of the war. That said, the pit roof fell on my paternal grandfather's head with all the Brit-despatching fervour of the finest Luftwaffe bomb and squashed him flat as a dirty pancake. They had to reconstruct him like a 40s version of the Six Million Dollar Man, done the British way, and all for under a shilling. Involved a large metal disk and a think scrap iron railings that somehow escaped being melted down. Spent the rest of his life magnetic. Also, as he was too crippled to be a miner, he had to become a bin man, and every time he threw a mental bin on his shoulder the metal plate would bong like a Sunday bell.

« Reply #6778 on: 11 January, 2024, 08:41:42 am »

Whoever runs Brewdog, a company that already has "issues" with the way it treats people.  It's put me off buying any of their products, even if most of them didn't taste like Zoflora.

James Watt is an utter tool and grifter.

The beer tastes like dogs piss mixed with perfume as well.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #6779 on: 11 January, 2024, 09:40:26 am »

James Watt is an utter tool and grifter.

The beer tastes like dogs piss mixed with perfume as well.

I won't touch their stuff as:

(a) they're shits to their staff, including fostering a 'laddish' culture that has led to sexual harassment and assaults on staff;
(b) their beer is shit.

EDIT: We're relatively lucky in that we have some good breweries locally.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #6780 on: 11 January, 2024, 09:48:13 am »
I like a pint of IPA and sometimes their offering has been the only option. 

Reg makes a very good point about their attitude to their staff and I wish that I had chosen to go without more in the past year or two.

It's quite a big red flag for the company though.  I feel for the workers who of course are the ones holding the brown, sticky end of the stick.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6781 on: 11 January, 2024, 10:24:58 am »
Punk IPA was quite drinkable in the early days but I guess they had to change the recipe as they scaled up and it is now shit. It's no more a genuine IPA than Greene King IPA, which is also shit.

Their success has always been down to their marketing skills rather than their brewing skills anyway.

I had the opportunity to invest in them in the very early days - the pair of them used to visit our office regularly (touting for media coverage) so came in when they were first launching the "equity for punks" thing. Even though they were obviously a right pair of twats even back then, I would have gone for it if I'd had £1,000 to spare at the time. Would have got a very decent return on that investment too.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6782 on: 11 January, 2024, 10:30:19 am »
“Times are hard” claimed Super-Twat James Watt as he returned from a holiday in the fucking Maldives.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #6783 on: 11 January, 2024, 10:49:39 am »
They are shits to their general supporters as well.

A few years back they did a variety of crowdfunding, alleging that the crowd was buying into being stakeholders and would get their money back plus extra in the future (conditional on profits). Big fuss made about how they weren't like other companies, they were all about the 'brewdog community' and would never sell out to Big Corp. that was the 'equity for punks'.

Finances weren't going so well, so brewdog approached venture capital. Who gladly provided funding, provided they had first claim on profits from that time forward.

So the consequence was that, legally, brewdog would never ever pay back to the supporters. They are still claiming that these are worth money, however, this is only be private agreement. These aren't publically tradable shares, so have none of the protections of trading on the stock market (no regulation).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6784 on: 11 January, 2024, 12:05:40 pm »
All true and good points.

One of my then colleagues took up the offer and I had the idea that he made a decent profit on his grand when he cashed in but I may be mistaken. I’d ask him as a fact-checking exercise but he died a few years ago.

I certainly wouldn’t invest in them now - not just because they are twats but because it no longer looks like a good investment. I wonder if terms were different for those early investors.

In fact, the only benefits of investment now appear to be discounts on their products. It’s really just an expensive club membership.

You’d have to drink an awful lot of shit beer to make it worthwhile.

The whole business is increasingly looking like a massive scam.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ian

« Reply #6785 on: 11 January, 2024, 07:50:51 pm »
We had some shares, sold them a while back, because yeah, it's a subscription/membership scheme. While I don't blame them for taking the VC shilling, continuing to pretend they were some kind of independent business was a bit rich (I'm no purist, if someone wants to sell up, good on them for building a decent business – and yeah, it'll get trashed but I don't believe there any moral purity in not taking the money and running). Some of their beer is OK but their range is pretty generic these days, though I'd rather drink a pint of Punk IPA than Greene King IPA on account of the fact that the latter in 99% stale monkey piss.

That said the various news stories were often a bit of a millennial whine by kids who seemed surprised by the fact that they had a job not a hobby. At least they paid living wage for a bit, unlike those that never pay it. The owners were a bit twatty, but when you build your brand around publicity you have to expect it'll come back and bite at some point. I do think there's an element of knocking down a successful business though, which is a very typical British trait, unfortunately. Ultimately though, there's plenty of better beer around, and their business is now mostly focused on being the least worst option. Crowdfunding is usually shit, stay away from it, you're basically just making a donation.

« Reply #6786 on: 17 January, 2024, 10:27:42 am »
I'll nominate the board of Avanti the rail company who delight in 'free money' (who wouldnt) and boast about it in a PP presentation

https://novaramedia.com/2024/01/15/free-money-executives-at-failing-train-company-joke-about-making-money-at-the-taxpayers-expense/

« Reply #6787 on: 17 January, 2024, 12:21:26 pm »
I've been catching up on events from the past week or so and I now nominate one Joey Barton.

Barton makes being a super twat look easy.  CBE levels of narcissistic hate in there too.

« Reply #6788 on: 17 January, 2024, 03:59:13 pm »
I've been catching up on events from the past week or so and I now nominate one Joey Barton.

Barton makes being a super twat look easy.  CBE levels of narcissistic hate in there too.

Stupidity/ Ego/ Greed

Pick two.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #6789 on: 18 January, 2024, 01:46:27 am »
Why not all 3.

I hope he continues to be 'cancelled' by TV channels and the two women he denigrated are given extra opportunities to do their thing and supported 200% by those in power.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6790 on: 18 January, 2024, 01:52:22 am »
Also jealousy.  Alex Scott played 140 games for England; Barton's sole appearance was as a sub; he came on twelve minutes before the end of a 0-1 defeat against Spain.

Regulator

« Reply #6791 on: 18 January, 2024, 01:41:20 pm »
Eni Aluko has now left the UK as she wasn't feeling safe after Joey Barton initiated a pile on...

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #6792 on: 18 January, 2024, 02:13:23 pm »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #6793 on: 31 January, 2024, 06:39:26 pm »
What planet is Andrea Loathsome on  ???

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6794 on: 31 January, 2024, 07:58:56 pm »
One far removed from reality. To be fair, she does share it with a number of the government front benchers.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #6795 on: 01 February, 2024, 08:51:30 am »
Planet Andrea.

She's really very very dim. Shocking to think that people seriously considered her as a PM candidate.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #6796 on: 01 February, 2024, 10:46:59 am »
Also Andrea Jenkins. 

Joey Barton seems to be positioning himself as another Tommy Robinson.  That's my perspective on the loathsome scum anyway.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6797 on: 01 February, 2024, 12:31:49 pm »
Jenkyns is thicker than the front door on a nuclear submarine.

« Reply #6798 on: 06 February, 2024, 08:32:09 am »
Simon Jenkins, for gaslighting the entire medical profession.

Recent article included such gems as
Medical training is still medieval. The collapse of British dentistry results from the profession requiring five years of mostly irrelevant study followed by two of “supervision”.

No, Simon, dentistry has collapsed because:
  • NHS Dentists only get paid to fix problems, not for preventative work.
  • The amounts paid are tiny and barely cover costs.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Regulator

« Reply #6799 on: 06 February, 2024, 09:24:06 am »
Simon Jenkins, for gaslighting the entire medical profession.

Recent article included such gems as
Medical training is still medieval. The collapse of British dentistry results from the profession requiring five years of mostly irrelevant study followed by two of “supervision”.

No, Simon, dentistry has collapsed because:
  • NHS Dentists only get paid to fix problems, not for preventative work.
  • The amounts paid are tiny and barely cover costs.

Simon Jenkins is a nasty, right wing little shit - and the fact teh Grauniad continues to publish him speak volumes about the direction that once august publication has taken since 2010.

Green Party Councillor