Author Topic: Extended Calendar Events; A Marriage made in Heaven?  (Read 111285 times)

Re: Extended Calendar Events; A Marriage made in Heaven?
« Reply #475 on: 07 November, 2017, 11:37:52 pm »
I think this may well be my longest post with quotes. :)

Possibly; but should the quoted quotes count as part of the overall quotes total?

I'm not sure that quoting quoted quotes makes the post quoted any more quotable.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #476 on: 08 November, 2017, 09:20:00 am »
Possibly; but should the quoted quotes count as part of the overall quotes total?
I'm not sure that quoting quoted quotes makes the post quoted any more quotable.

Let me try that out for you  :)
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #477 on: 08 November, 2017, 09:41:48 am »

Let me try that out for you  :)

Thanks, it's not as if it was Mandatory.

Martin

« Reply #478 on: 08 November, 2017, 07:57:09 pm »
I've added the bit about ECE'ing helpers' rides (which are of course allowed) to the FAQ. I've stated that ideally they need to be ridden in the same month for RRTY / AAARTY purposes only

Martin

« Reply #479 on: 15 November, 2017, 03:37:19 pm »
Mandatory route ECE's incorporating a mandatory calendar leg (if selected by the ECE entrant) are now official  ;)

« Reply #480 on: 15 November, 2017, 03:45:22 pm »
Mandatory route ECE's incorporating a mandatory calendar leg (if selected by the ECE entrant) are now official  ;)

:thumbsup:

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #481 on: 15 November, 2017, 04:11:56 pm »

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #482 on: 15 November, 2017, 06:27:07 pm »

and again  :thumbsup:

« Reply #483 on: 15 November, 2017, 10:02:55 pm »
Brill, thx.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #484 on: 28 January, 2018, 04:42:37 pm »
Not sure who should be patted on the back, but I've just noticed the ECE option for online entries on the AUK web site.  Brilliant!  :thumbsup:

(Of course, it could have been there for years and I had simply not noticed...)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #485 on: 28 January, 2018, 06:18:02 pm »
I think it was added about the same time as the big debate about using the event distance in the ECE calcs of a month or so ago... The ECE button is a great feature! I think it's only visible if you have entered and logged in iirc
Regards,

Joergen

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #486 on: 28 January, 2018, 06:34:18 pm »
It appears to be available when you are logged in, regardless of whether or not you have entered the ride. (For a test case of one ride I have definitely not entered!)  ;)
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

Martin

« Reply #487 on: 28 January, 2018, 08:08:05 pm »
It appears to be available when you are logged in, regardless of whether or not you have entered the ride. (For a test case of one ride I have definitely not entered!)  ;)

yes you can click away and E any event you like; although it won't do you any good unless you also ride the C!

the ECE this event button has been live for a few months and has worked seamlessly; with the Tracklog submission for uploading your gpx track even better.

been a quiet weekend for me only 6 rides to validate! but I expect ACME will bring in dozens of entries with their next 100, all good news

JamesBradbury

• The before-ride picture is even worse
    • James Thinks
« Reply #488 on: 29 March, 2018, 07:32:56 pm »
This sounds great. Can I check I've understood correctly?

Does this mean I could ECE a 120km event (listed as a 100) by riding 40km there and 40km back, thereby gaining a 200km ride?

Would I submit a single mandatory route file covering the whole 200, with the middle bit being the calendar event?

« Reply #489 on: 29 March, 2018, 11:06:41 pm »
I was set to ECE to the Man of Kent which has been postponed. I've emailed Martin twice to ask if my ECE gets rolled over to the new event but I've not heard anything. I'm guessing I need to submit a new ECE? Can anyone shed some light?

Martin

« Reply #490 on: 30 March, 2018, 12:02:45 am »
niki; sorry I lost your email been meaning to reply; my inbox is red hot with entries for my calendar event this weekend

no need to submit a new ECE the original is fine

Martin

Martin

« Reply #491 on: 30 March, 2018, 12:25:38 am »

Does this mean I could ECE a 120km event (listed as a 100) by riding 40km there and 40km back, thereby gaining a 200km ride?

Would I submit a single mandatory route file covering the whole 200, with the middle bit being the calendar event?

yes; as long as you ride the submitted ECE route which must include the calendar leg, obviously there may be unexpected diversions on either leg on the day but I can make allowances for that

JamesBradbury

• The before-ride picture is even worse
    • James Thinks
« Reply #492 on: 30 March, 2018, 07:32:45 am »

yes; as long as you ride the submitted ECE route which must include the calendar leg, obviously there may be unexpected diversions on either leg on the day but I can make allowances for that
Fantastic, thanks.

« Reply #493 on: 30 March, 2018, 04:13:16 pm »
niki; sorry I lost your email been meaning to reply; my inbox is red hot with entries for my calendar event this weekend

no need to submit a new ECE the original is fine

Martin

Brilliant - no worries, thanks for getting back to me!

Martin

« Reply #494 on: 17 April, 2018, 11:41:50 pm »
to clarify regarding some communication I've had;

the overall ECE speed is a minimum 14.3kph. There are sub 200 calendar events with considerably lower minimum speeds but for an ECE all that matters is the overall speed of the combined ride. You are completely entitled to ride the calendar event at the advertised minimum speed but this will require you to make up time on the ECE legs to bring the speed up to the required minimum for the total extended ride

there is no enforcement of minimum speed on any intermediate legs of an ECE

Thanks!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #495 on: 18 April, 2018, 09:46:39 am »
to clarify regarding some communication I've had;

the overall ECE speed is a minimum 14.3kph. There are sub 200 calendar events with considerably lower minimum speeds but for an ECE all that matters is the overall speed of the combined ride. You are completely entitled to ride the calendar event at the advertised minimum speed but this will require you to make up time on the ECE legs to bring the speed up to the required minimum for the total extended ride

there is no enforcement of minimum speed on any intermediate legs of an ECE

Thanks!

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #496 on: 20 May, 2018, 09:01:05 pm »
Just tried to upload a file for yesterday's ECExGPX and received the message ', file repository full'.  I guess that too many people have been out enjoying themselves on their bikes in the sunshine and someone needs to empty the box.

I have emailed the file to Martin.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #497 on: 21 May, 2018, 09:50:41 am »
that's happening for DIY-by-GPX too. As you say, probably a reflection of the great weather :)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Martin

« Reply #498 on: 21 May, 2018, 10:34:40 am »
just email me the file it will be fine  :)

BeMoreMike

• Tries often, fails frequently.
« Reply #499 on: 05 June, 2018, 10:08:28 pm »
Just as I thought I was starting to understand ECE's I've got confused…

I'm looking doing a 400 ECE onto a 600 calendar BRM. The 400km ECE link gives you 28hrs + 40hrs for the 600 = 68hrs.

A 1000km calender BRM or a 1000km DIY is 75hrs.

Am i looking at this incorrectly, or is there really a 10% time difference ?