Author Topic: Mildenhall 2023  (Read 1821 times)

Mildenhall 2023
« on: 10 June, 2023, 07:11:25 pm »
This Year Mildenhall are having a mini cycling festival on Sunday 16 July, at West Row. There is a campsite about a mile away, just outside the village.
Main events so far are a ‘Gravel Time Trial’ which was popular last year, and a all day table-top sale/cycle jumble.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Re: Mildenhall 2023
« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2023, 08:54:56 pm »
It’s just been announced that the event is off. Not enough entrants to guarantee that they wouldn’t make a loss.  :(

« Reply #2 on: 05 July, 2023, 09:07:18 pm »
Shame. There was some talk at the York Rally about finding an excuse to visit Will's (OTP) pub (his food offerings looks pretty tempting) whilst also providing an opportunity to visit the main Rally or more correctly Festival.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: 05 July, 2023, 11:01:35 pm »
I went to see Will on the Saturday lunchtime of last year’s rally. Unfortunately they weren’t doing food, but Will came out to the garden and we had quite a catch-up chat.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4 on: 06 July, 2023, 07:30:01 am »
I wonder how much of this is also linked with the audaxes no longer taking place? Mildenhall was my first ever 200, and I quite enjoyed riding over to do the 100 and riding back. I imagine others coming from further afield would have made a couple of days or a weekend of it.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #5 on: 06 July, 2023, 09:19:50 pm »
They were pinning everything on the Fenland Flyer ‘gravel time trial’ which was popular last year, but hadn’t attracted enough entrants yet this year. The committee didn’t think it fair on the sponsors, and were not confident that they wouldn't make a loss on the event. Interest in the table-top sale was good, but the whole event has been pulled.