Author Topic: Deeside Loop: DATE CHANGE  (Read 2976 times)

Re: Deeside Loop: DATE CHANGE
« Reply #25 on: 10 July, 2015, 01:37:04 pm »
So who's doing Amulree tomorrow? I'm on a train bound north, wishing I'd brought a bit less in my panniers...

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #26 on: 10 July, 2015, 01:58:38 pm »
I am :)

Might see you at the start before you shoot off into the distance ahead :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #27 on: 10 July, 2015, 04:59:26 pm »
Cool, see you in the morning. I won't be shooting off anywhere if today's ride from the station is anything to go by, and I'm a little wary of my front tyre as it tried to come off the rim on the way up, so it's probably going to be a very sedate affair!

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #28 on: 10 July, 2015, 05:05:26 pm »
I have a spare 23mm Conti ultrasport I'll bring up if that's of any use to you?
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #29 on: 10 July, 2015, 05:26:29 pm »
Ooh - that would be good if you don't mind, please! I think it should be fine - I'm going to ride on it tomorrow as I can't see anything actually wrong with it, but just in case anything goes disastrously wrong it would be handy to have a backup for Sunday (I'm assuming/hoping it was just a slightly badly seated tyre, which the extra stress of the pannier weight caused to bulge off the rim - it didn't cause any further problems on the way up once I put it back on, and I certainly won't be hauling the panniers round the audaxes!).

« Reply #30 on: 11 July, 2015, 04:12:02 pm »
Didn't see you at the start, mcshroom - were you running late, perchance? :P

Enjoyed the ride today, and my tyre survived (though I had a new problem this morning: my rear mudguard was rubbing on the tyre, which was highly annoying. Sorted it out at the first control, but who knows what gremlins will emerge next!).

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #31 on: 13 July, 2015, 08:11:08 pm »
Thanks to audave for organising another great event  :thumbsup:

Chapeau to Mrs P for completing her first AAA 200k event in her fastest time for a 200  :)

« Reply #32 on: 13 July, 2015, 09:04:51 pm »
Thanks to audave for organising another great event  :thumbsup:

Agreed, was a good weekend. :) The COM and Glenshee haven't got any less evil since last time (I didn't manage COM without stopping, though I did get further than last year...), but at least the sun was shining this time!

4 points for the year for me now - that's double what I've ever managed before. ;D

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #33 on: 13 July, 2015, 10:16:16 pm »
Hey phantasmagoriana, you certainly got up Glenshee in grand style this year, and your mozarella-fuelled charge down Glen Isla was most impressive. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for your company.  :thumbsup:
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.