Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208923 times)

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1300 on: 12 July, 2019, 11:38:47 am »
Noodle went for her last visit to the vets yesterday morning. The vets were very good. S'funny, but having been given the initial anaesthetic to make her drowsy, she was still licking her paw and fell asleep with her tongue sticking out, before the horrible other drug was administered. All over very quickly mercifully, and thank you all for your responses.

She's now resting alongside her sister in the garden. They hated each other's guts when both alive.

I will hoiyk out a pic of her sometime, when I have the time – in her glory days.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

essexian

« Reply #1301 on: 14 July, 2019, 08:58:24 am »
Sorry to here that Riggers. The loss of a family member who has been with you so long is hard to take, although it is true that over time it does get easier.

Onto our worry..... Quenton is missing.

"His Tallship" is an intact tom who seemed to move in a couple of months ago. Known for his very quietness: he won't say boo to a kitten let alone to a fully grown queen, Quenton simply sleeps in the spare bedroom and hoovers up any food going. Blimey, the boy can eat.  We call him "His Tallship" as he is very tall: much taller than the average tom. He also has a way of walking with his head, back and tail all in a line so he looks about 4 foot long.

Anyway, we last saw him on Friday afternoon. We had been discussing when it was that he became our cat, a step which requires the removal of male bits: we don't allow intact males in the house.... I sleep in the shed most nights.... and decided that if he still spent 24 hours a day with us by Christmas, we would do the deed then.

Strangely we have not seen him since....we do wonder whether he was listening  ;D. More likely, he did have a bit of a fight with one of our other visiting toms so may be staying away from the place until he feels safe again.

EDIT. Scrap all that. He's back and eating everything he can find! He must had had a night out of the tiles and has come back for a nosh-up and a sleep.

ian

« Reply #1302 on: 15 July, 2019, 07:24:22 pm »
Idly glancing over my coffee cup this morning I belatedly noticed a splodge of dried vomit malingering at the back of my desk. A nice admix of cat food and fur. Further investigation found more on the cupboards next to my desk, all the way up the penthouse feline accommodations on top of the wardrobe. Let that not be the end of for vomicalapyse, oh no, because she'd also managed to get it down the back of the wardrobe.

By the quantity and fur content (©CSI Feline Crime Detection) it's (of course) Bad Cat.

A quick summarily trial sentenced her to one-week detention with no possibility of parole in Kitty Supermax (with her cell mate, LMC) while we swan off to New York to drink beer. She'll probably have no fur left when we get back.

« Reply #1303 on: 16 July, 2019, 10:35:16 am »
Tilly is very happy as Piggy has been reincarnated. Piggy was a soft pig toy with a squeaker that she had from being a pup. She's four now and a couple of months ago piggy finally had been washed umpteen times, had no legs left even after they had been reattached several times and the head was coming apart and that was the end of her favourite toy. On Sunday we were in a garden centre that had dog toys and lo and behold hung on a peg was Piggy ! Tilly sat down in from of the display and just stared at Piggy. Needless to say Piggy mark 2 came home with us.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

sam

« Reply #1304 on: 16 July, 2019, 12:47:24 pm »
By the quantity and fur content (©CSI Feline Crime Detection) it's (of course) Bad Cat.

“Ian, welcome to the city that never sleeps. We understand you’re a man who knows something about cats. Bad cats. We’ve got a case which has us all stumped. Eliot will give you the file. If you help us solve this, the next round’s on us.”

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1305 on: 18 July, 2019, 05:47:58 pm »
Two cats went all day without going for a shit.

One cat seems to be going off her food.

« Reply #1306 on: 21 July, 2019, 08:19:22 am »

Insisting on using the cushion even though it's fallen on the floor

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1307 on: 21 July, 2019, 09:21:52 am »
Ninkasi woke us before 5am making a smell in the pit (she hasn't used the tray for months). Didnt't touch breakfast. Looking a bit sorry for herself.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #1308 on: 30 July, 2019, 01:47:40 pm »
Swanning around in a doggy bodysuit rather than the cone of shame having been abducted, knocked out and having her bits removed yesterday. She keeps giving us dirty looks...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1309 on: 30 July, 2019, 03:35:57 pm »
Hot weather for a bodysuit.  Our two are avoiding the rugs before lying down.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1310 on: 30 July, 2019, 09:08:14 pm »
Our cats are out of the house, I don't know where.

Blackie is shunning David as she Did Not Like his (failed) attempts to apply flea repellent.

Blackie has just come back and is eating.

menthel

« Reply #1311 on: 31 July, 2019, 10:46:53 am »
Hot weather for a bodysuit.  Our two are avoiding the rugs before lying down.

She has fans and cold water available. The vet said that the cones were basically useless on whippets as they just escape them!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1312 on: 31 July, 2019, 02:17:14 pm »
Gotcha.

Missus has been out all morning, it's just been me & the two Labs. Not a fart out of them, but as soon as she pulled into the drive they filled the kitchen corridor with a yellow cloud, through which we had to transport dog-food & groceries.

« Reply #1313 on: 31 July, 2019, 04:34:32 pm »
What is it with dogs. Tillie loves to fart in a silent but deadly way but if a human should do the smallest fart she jumps up and leaves the room.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

menthel

« Reply #1314 on: 31 July, 2019, 04:45:28 pm »
Luna lets out silent but violents too. She once audibly farted and was so shocked she looked at her own arse and then ran off confused!

ian

« Reply #1315 on: 01 August, 2019, 10:04:42 am »
Incarceration day again as we're off for a long weekend. They're still oblivious to the fate that awaits them...

« Reply #1316 on: 05 August, 2019, 10:48:12 pm »
We pushed a little further on our regular mountain hike and found a couple of neat small lakes.

This hike is a bit of a workout, so I've always turned around, but are getting better at it (and also want to work up to longer distances), so pushed on and got rewarded. Didn't see a single human on the whole trek.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1317 on: 06 August, 2019, 08:10:42 am »
What is it with dogs. Tillie loves to fart in a silent but deadly way but if a human should do the smallest fart she jumps up and leaves the room.

We used to have a Dalmatian who would fart audibly then jump 180° in surprise and sniff the air appreciatively.  One of the Labs also blasts out a fanfare from time to time, but he lies low and pretends it was someone else. What, me, boss?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1318 on: 06 August, 2019, 03:57:11 pm »
We've not seen our cats today.

There would appear to be a large scattering of pigeon feathers on a patch of our lawn.

David suspects they are resting having devoured a Feast of Bird.

« Reply #1319 on: 06 August, 2019, 04:13:27 pm »
That, or they are just resting, and the culprit was a female sparrowhawk.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1320 on: 06 August, 2019, 04:59:59 pm »
Blackie reappeared from the lounge shortly after I posted, ate a few crunchies then popped out to the feathery patch and nosied.

By this time Big Tom was nearby, grooming himself. He then came inside and gobbled some wet food, before going out again.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1321 on: 07 August, 2019, 08:55:14 am »
Both cats were savouring the leftovers as I was dressing upstairs.

They sensed when I entered the kitchen ran in and Demanded Food.

They've gone out now.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1322 on: 07 August, 2019, 09:25:22 am »
Taking me for a walk.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1323 on: 07 August, 2019, 11:31:12 am »
Taking me for a walk.

Make sure you don't end up in the Country Girl.

menthel

« Reply #1324 on: 08 August, 2019, 11:34:55 am »
Confused and a little angry as there are workmen in the house and the gardeners are in the garden. This means she has a lot of work to do being vigilant and scary. She is really on of the least scary dogs you could ever meet...