Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1754677 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #11075 on: 14 August, 2017, 11:43:48 am »
fantastic!   :thumbsup:

Okay, so we're quorate.  The MEMWNS pubbe of the week is the Ale House, Chelmsford.  Rather than meeting at the Spa Road roundabout the Witham peloton will meet at Witham train station at 7:30pm (can someone remind me please  ::-) )

I will sort a route tomorrow unless anyone else volunteers.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11076 on: 14 August, 2017, 12:01:38 pm »
Okay, so we're quorate.  The MEMWNS pubbe of the week is the Ale House, Chelmsford.
And when we get there we can decamp to The Railway  :demon:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #11077 on: 14 August, 2017, 12:23:59 pm »
TV camping expert hopes to be there!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11078 on: 14 August, 2017, 12:48:13 pm »

It's Johnny Faro off the telly!!!

« Reply #11079 on: 14 August, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »
It's Johnny Faro off the telly!!!
Is that an alias for Louis Spence?  :P

« Reply #11080 on: 14 August, 2017, 06:52:45 pm »
Due to a change of shift at work I'm now unlikely to make it but if you can put the route up I might well go for a intercept somewhere on route.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11081 on: 15 August, 2017, 08:11:21 am »
Right then my lovelies, here's a PROPOSED ROUTE for the Witham peloton which could be used tomorrow evening.

WARNING:  :hand: on account of having a new laptop on which I have yet to install my Garmin mapping stuffs this is the first route I have devised using RideWithGPS, hopefully all will be well  :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11082 on: 15 August, 2017, 08:42:28 am »
Right then my lovelies, here's a PROPOSED ROUTE for the Witham peloton which could be used tomorrow evening.

WARNING:  :hand: on account of having a new laptop on which I have yet to install my Garmin mapping stuffs this is the first route I have devised using RideWithGPS, hopefully all will be well  :thumbsup:

Well done, only 2 bits of COR then!  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11083 on: 15 August, 2017, 08:52:28 am »

Well done, only 2 bits of COR then!  :facepalm:

For fuck's sake shush, Oaky said he'd be out this week  >:(

On the subject of Oaky and COR remind me to recount the story of our French COR adventure, which led to the catch phrase "Everything looks better from space!"  ;D

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11084 on: 15 August, 2017, 09:45:41 am »
If one of them is the bit after the pub, then that's fine - I'll be ignoring that anyway to go via Victoria Road and Springfield Road.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11085 on: 15 August, 2017, 10:12:06 am »
If one of them is the bit after the pub, then that's fine - I'll be ignoring that anyway to go via Victoria Road and Springfield Road.

Also,  I'll be missing out the A138 dual carriageway section - I rode this once before by accident, and as I recall, it was a great incentive to ride as fast as possible.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #11086 on: 15 August, 2017, 10:51:24 pm »
I had a bit of a panic when I saw the 36 miles and thought "that doesn't leave much drinking time" (at least not at my pace) but then I realised that included getting back to Witham.... so that's OK then. I am still hoping to make it but certain things may conspire against me... will let you know in good time if I won't be there.

« Reply #11087 on: 16 August, 2017, 07:38:16 am »
730 might be tight, but I'll meet the peloton at the station tonight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #11088 on: 16 August, 2017, 07:58:27 am »
I shall be fox hunting and eating pork pies visiting family in Melton Mowbray/Rutland, have a super evening.

« Reply #11089 on: 16 August, 2017, 08:21:40 am »
I'm not going to be out....trying to get back into my early start routine after 3 weeks off has been tough and still having no internet means no working from home yet :-(

« Reply #11090 on: 16 August, 2017, 09:07:20 am »
On the back of my, I am too lazy post above....is there any interest in a Wednesday visit to Colchester before the summer is out? I've found some nice wiggly bike paths about the place that are all pretty easy riding and avoid a lot of the traffic. I could also offer some mid-ride refreshments in the newly finished Garden at the new Tippers Towers (if the weather allowed)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11091 on: 16 August, 2017, 09:37:29 am »
On the back of my, I am too lazy post above....is there any interest in a Wednesday visit to Colchester before the summer is out? I've found some nice wiggly bike paths about the place that are all pretty easy riding and avoid a lot of the traffic. I could also offer some mid-ride refreshments in the newly finished Garden at the new Tippers Towers (if the weather allowed)

Sounds like a great plan. Suggest a date.

« Reply #11092 on: 16 August, 2017, 10:36:09 am »
How about next week, the 23rd? I'll even put a route together. We can either do the Oddy or a proper evening at the Live and Let Live

« Reply #11093 on: 16 August, 2017, 12:31:30 pm »
....trying to get back into my early start routine after 3 weeks off has been tough

I've got that joy to come next Monday, but given that I'm 8 hours ahead of BST until Sunday, my body clock will make getting up early a breeze!

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11094 on: 16 August, 2017, 02:05:07 pm »
Sorry this is a bit last minute folks but I might have to bail out this evening.  If I'm not at the station at 7:30 crack on without me.

« Reply #11095 on: 16 August, 2017, 02:15:06 pm »
when you say "folks" who is actually coming out ?

I am aiming to be there but more likely to go direct.

Depending on whether Bhoot is going to make it, we may be better nearer the Centre of the Known Universe.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11096 on: 16 August, 2017, 02:17:33 pm »
I'm intending to be out, subject to usual T's & C's of Colonial interference, might just be me and some other non-commiteds at the train station, or not depending upon who makes it.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11097 on: 16 August, 2017, 02:42:31 pm »
It's all falling apart with only hours left to go.....  :facepalm:

I might try for an intercept as I've applied forward planning and dropped off my locks at the destination this morning... not sure I'll make the Station, but will cycle down the route towards Witham, perhaps Cole Hill / Boreham Road intercept.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11098 on: 16 August, 2017, 04:35:08 pm »
It seems the trains a re still bolloxed as well so if things are looking terrible I might well need a beer by the time I get to Chelmsford!

« Reply #11099 on: 16 August, 2017, 04:49:15 pm »
To support tonight's "its all going tits up" theme I'm struggling to leave work on time so I may Intercept the peloton along the Terling road or powers Hall end if I'm not at the station for 7.30

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...